Returned Item to Seller No Refund of Money How do I get ebay to step in? Going around in circles.

I purchased a brand new leather vest which did not fit and the seller agreed to refund the money. Did a return request through ebay. Immediately couriered it to the Seller and kept in touch with them all the way. They said they will refund me the money but havent and it has been nearly 30 days now ebay closed the return request and the seller has not responded to my emails regarding refunding the money. How do I contact ebay to take this matter further other than their automated system which does not allow me to accelerate the issue?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Returned Item to Seller No Refund of Money How do I get ebay to step in? Going around in circles.

If you didn't escalate the claim within the required time (21 days I think), then it times out and is automatically closed by eBay. Once it's closed, it can't be reopened. You could try opening a dispute with PayPal, but as it's a change of mind return, I'm not sure how you'll go. Make sure you upload the tracking details into the return if you are able to open one.

In future, don't let a dispute time out.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

A refund will go back to the funding source if you paid with paypal.

If the funding source was a debit or credit card the refund should show there in a few days.

If the funding source was a bank account the refund will remain in paypal until you transfer it manually.

Hae you checked your funding source?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Call them.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Call who?

Even Paypal has no real call centre working. eBay haven't. And I suspect might not reactivate it.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Well I rang PayPal recently and got through.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@magnifiqueboutique! wrote:

I purchased a brand new leather vest which did not fit and the seller agreed to refund the money. Did a return request through ebay. Immediately couriered it to the Seller and kept in touch with them all the way. They said they will refund me the money but havent and it has been nearly 30 days now ebay closed the return request and the seller has not responded to my emails regarding refunding the money. How do I contact ebay to take this matter further other than their automated system which does not allow me to accelerate the issue?

When you open a PayPal dispute as per what *tippy*toes* said,  C&P the reply from seller saying they'd refund you on return of the item into the message.

Dear seller, thanks for the refund offer, I have returned the item to you etc. etc.

Regards

Quote: seller's message to you about refund :Unquote

You should be ablle to upload the file that proves you sent item back.

That  can help to put you on the lead foot to start with.

Be sure to escalate the claim if no action from seller before the cut off time.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Before you open a PayPal dispute opt in for refund on return shipping costs, (not sure if it includes courier) but worth a try

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply