Ripped off by seller. eBay did nothing to intervein

Hello,

I have a problem with the resolution center. I got ripped off by a seller. I lodged a complaint in the resolution center, emailed the seller a few times. Just received automated responses. Time limit expired and nothing happen. Went back to the resolution center and did the big click around. Finally found where I could "contact us" only to get a 'too bad, so sad' response. So basically the seller got away with ripping me off because they totally ignored me and eBay couldn't care less. Now this seller is free to rip off anybody because they know they can get away with it. What can I do to make the seller accountable for selling cheap **bleep**py stuff and get eBay to protect customers more? 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

When you say you lodged a complaint - did you open a case WITHIN THE TIMEFRAME?

If not, you can open a case in Paypal as you have 180 days. However, if the seller sent with tracking, the case will close in sellers favour.

We need more information - explain the process of what happened and why you feel ripped off.

What is the item number?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Did you ask them to step in after you opened a case and the seller did not reply? At any rate you can still open a case in PP if you used it to pay.

"To be covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee, you have up to 30 days from the actual or estimated delivery date to start a request.

If at least three business days have passed since you opened a request, and youโ€™re not happy with the sellerโ€™s solution, you can ask us to step in and help.

If you donโ€™t ask us to step in, your request will close automatically 30 days after you opened it. Weโ€™ll send you reminders so you don't forget."

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Is it the seller you left your latest neg for on the multimeter leads ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

OP - thanks for posting, I am sure many sellers here appreciate it

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply