SHILL BIDDING Suspected yet again

Hi,

I have contacted fleabay contact centre and surprise surprise no response yet. Customer service nil.

I am looking at some items one of which is item no 111575310758 If you look at the bidding history the person who is the leading bidder or currently at $2.00 has 100% bidding activity with this seller.

It strikes me as very strange to have only bid on items with one seller - they have won items with the seller but so far no feedback although that could be contrived anyway. The items are pick up at varying locations in  Melb metro and Mornington Peninsula so you couldn't even say that it is because they are convenient to the buyer.

When I complained to ebay about dodgy sellers who had sold items elsewhere before the end of an auction and took over a month to refund me my money or someone who cancelled a bid as they sold an item mid way through the auction they told me to look for "more reliable sellers" Maybe eBay should start looking at policing shonky sellers who rip off buyers oh but hey it bumps up there fees so they don't really seem to care.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The person is or has bid on 12 items and in some cases bids are many and quite substantial. The person does not bid on items with no bids
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

shilling pushes up prices

higher prices more fees

more fees - happy eBay

so no they wont do anything

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@judeb1010 wrote:

Hi,

I have contacted fleabay contact centre and surprise surprise no response yet. Customer service nil.

I am looking at some items one of which is item no 111575310758 If you look at the bidding history the person who is the leading bidder or currently at $2.00 has 100% bidding activity with this seller.

It strikes me as very strange to have only bid on items with one seller - they have won items with the seller but so far no feedback although that could be contrived anyway. The items are pick up at varying locations in  Melb metro and Mornington Peninsula so you couldn't even say that it is because they are convenient to the buyer.

When I complained to ebay about dodgy sellers who had sold items elsewhere before the end of an auction and took over a month to refund me my money or someone who cancelled a bid as they sold an item mid way through the auction they told me to look for "more reliable sellers" Maybe eBay should start looking at policing shonky sellers who rip off buyers oh but hey it bumps up there fees so they don't really seem to care.

They can't be very seriously into it with a max of $2.00 - I can't see any evidence of shill bidding, but the seller is most likely new becuse they have stared the auctin way too low.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

That buyer is not bidding on other items with low bids from that seller.

There is another bidder on the majority of the paintings but that doesn't mean anything either except that they may have the same taste as the seller.

It is a pick up item so buyers may be more inclined to bid on that sellers items,to make it worth their time.

Meh,if it is shill bidding(I think not) then it is the most ineffective & for the least amount that i have ever seen.

Have a look again when it ends in less than half hr & see if you still think it's shill bidding.

I think you wasted time reporting that seller for nothing.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@aussiebargains_2011 wrote:

shilling pushes up prices

higher prices more fees

more fees - happy eBay

so no they wont do anything

So true. ebay do diddly squat about most things. Reporting an item IMO is a waste of time.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply