Sale retraction

I purchased an item (Buy it Now) and have received a message from seller stating that the price is wrong and they will refund money. Can they do this or must they honour the price?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sale retraction

Personally I think the responsibility is on the seller to honour the sale.

I would ask them to do so.

They may not be willing to risk the negative feedback you are able to give - nor the low detailed seller ratings (5 stars ).

Give it a go.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Sale retraction

Although it sounds good, in the real world you can't make a seller sell something if he doesn't want to.

You might point out that you expect him to honour his obligations.

If he refuses you can report a non-performing seller and give him bad feedback and ding his stars.

Or you can accept his request to cancel transaction (if he sends one) and move on.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Sale retraction

Not much you can do.

After you receive your refund, you don't have to agree to a cancellation if you get a request to from the seller. The seller will get a defect for not selling the item to you and these can affect their seller performance standards (when they get a certain number of them).

They will soon learn not to list items with the wrong price etc, when they get these defects.

If you do decide to agree to the cancellation (seller will get their fees back) make sure the seller only uses one of these reasons for the cancellation

I ran out of stock

I sold item to another buyer

Other reasons.

Not any reason that starts with Buyer......

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply