Seller cancelled item after a week without any explanation

I had bought an item on 23 August and paid for it. Seller even sent me pictures of the shipping box with my details on it all ready to go and told me he didn't have time to send it and he will be sending it on 29 August (Monday). Its 30 August (Tuesday) today and he has cancelled my order, issued me a refund and is not responding to messages.

I don't get it; I paid immediately, and initially at least, he communicated with me and even sent me extra pictures etc. Now, all of a sudden, he has cancelled the order and issued me a refund. I don't want the refund, I want what I paid for. Do I have any recourse to get the item? Thank you.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

The seller does not have to take a loss on postage due to their own postal system being poorly run.

It looks like they checked an alternative courier, but it turned out it was too expensive. They didn't have to look into it for you, but they tried to do the right thing and kept you informed.

They have refunded you, so there is no material loss there, but I would contact your CC provider to ask why there is such a difference in the amount in a relatively short space of time. It's not something that Ebay can assist you with as they are not privy to your financial provider.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

They didn't have to look into it for you, but they tried to do the right thing and kept you informed.

Yes, I agree but they should have looked into whether the item can be sent to Australia before selling it to me and then cancelling the order after a week. I guess they're an inexperienced seller, oh well, I should have done a bit more research before committing to buy.

I'm not sure why there's a difference of $40 but I'll contact my bank and see.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

00EDB52F-ED30-4794-99A8-1F9E95F5635A.jpeg

B8C0E8C9-929E-4FD6-80E7-FE588AD926BE.jpeg

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

I also donโ€™t believe that this seller deserves a neg. 
I know you have not enjoyed this transactional experience, but from what the seller has communicated, it does imply he did try other postal options for you.

The currency conversion difference could simply be a fee, Iโ€™d imagine. I know when I send money overseas, I am charged a conversion fee, so perhaps this plus drop in the dollar, could explain it.  I donโ€™t know. 

Make this a learning experience. Next time, regardless if the listing says posts to Australia, maybe do some detective work of your own before you press commit to buy ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good luck. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Thank you, yeah I think its a bank charge added to the currency conversion.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply