Seller failed to deliver.

Hi all, bid and won an item yesterday, fair and square, paid by Paypal, next thing I get a cancellation request from the seller, wanting to cancel, as I failed to pay by bank deposit. He does not have card facilities, he claims just bank deposit or nothing, yet when I confirmed the listing, Ebay has it that he does accept Paypal, but he I found he does not have a Paypal account, which by the rules he must have, or at least a card facility. So, I go in and check my Paypal payment, and yes, he doesn't have an account, as it was marked that the buyer hasn't claimed the payment. I realized this was going nowhere, so I just cancelled the payment within Paypal. He got what he wanted, for the sale to be cancelled, doing so, wasting my time. After the auction ended I got an abusive message from him about demanding bank deposit, not Paypal, and said he would just 'keep the item''. I asked why he wanted bank deposit only, was it that the item, a model train, was defective, even though he listed it as ''used, but new'', whatever that means. I told him that buyers like to have a bit of protection from seelers such as him, and bank deposit leaves us buyers out in the cold when things go belly up. Anyway, the best part to this little event is this: He had another listing to ''go off' later last night, I got straight in before that and put a torpedo right into his dashboard. The item had 12 bids on it and was sitting at $165, an hour before it was due to end. It ended with the same bidder and didn't get past the $165. The winning bidder was a low score buyer that has had many bid cancellations in the last 6 months. I feel much better about this wasted  time now lol

Message 1 of 100
Latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

The feedback left raises red flags all over the place as well audi.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 100
Latest reply

padi...I agree with that.

However do you not consider the OP's actions somewhat questionable?

Message 3 of 100
Latest reply

Good question tuckcase, let me put it this way - firstly I probably wouldn't have bid on the train after reading the seller's description on not accepting Paypal (which in fairness they shouldn't be selling on eBay without some form of buyer protection), and secondly if I'd read the feedback left I would have possibly smashed the back-button getting out of there.

Do you remember a seller coming to the boards a while back and raising a stink because they were adamant that they shouldn't be forced to use Paypal / merchant banking ?  I seem to remember there was no support for that from responders, yet that seller is still insisting on cash / bank deposit payments.

Deserved neg ?  After being allegedly abused by the seller, then I may well have negged them in the same circumstances.

Message 4 of 100
Latest reply

There are three sides to every story in threads like this...

What the buyer says happened.

What the seller says has happened.

What realyy happened.

I do agree with you re the back button.

However I did notice that the seller offered visa etc. on their listings...so paypal not required?...happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

I still question the OP's motive in bidding on a second item after their original run in with the seller.

Message 5 of 100
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

However I did notice that the seller offered visa etc. on their listings...so paypal not required?...happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

I'd very much doubt if they have merchant banking facilities (EFTPOS) so those credit cards would have to go through Paypal as a guest purchase - but since the seller apparently doesn't have Paypal it wouldn't work anyway.

Message 6 of 100
Latest reply

The listing also gives paypal as an option as well as all the credit cards.

If he does not have a paypal account none of the CC options will work either.

Message 7 of 100
Latest reply

Always pay with Paypal if sellers ask for anything else tell them to go "you know where"....otherwise you won't be covered and they will most likely rip you off as there are a lot of sellers who sell shoddy items.....and there are the scammers to.

Message 8 of 100
Latest reply

lyndal & padi

Thank you for clearing that up.

Message 9 of 100
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

However do you not consider the OP's actions somewhat questionable?

Do you not consider that bidders and buyers on the seller's other items deserve to be warned that the seller is not honouring the payment methods advertised in the listing (and required by eBay to be offered)?

Any seller trying to bypass PayPal and force buyers into a bank transfer needs to be treated with high suspicion and deserves every red dot they receive.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 100
Latest reply