Seller has just brushed me off

Recently purchased 2 x vintage dishes and paid 2 charges for the postage as seller didn't combine postage.

Received items and they were packed in the same box.  There is a problem with 1 of the items not being in

excellent condition as described.  Contacted the seller and sent pictures of the marks on the dish.  They responded

saying "sorry I didn't notice these marks."   No mention of returning for a refund.  

The other item is ok, therefore only want to return the 1 dish.  

I don't want to pay for the return postage therefore if ebay gets involved will I be able to return just the  1 item. tia.

tip toe through the tulips
Message 1 of 93
Latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

4channel,

I appreciate your considering those points. We don't need to agree (and I mean "we" in a very generic sense), yet can discuss and disagree amicably.

To that end, I won't add any more to what I've posted about the Nikon example, except to say that the loss of a bargain bites precisely because it was a bargain. If it wasn't, the teeth of disappointment wouldn't have clenched down upon the flesh of regret quite so vigorously!

Message 91 of 93
Latest reply

@danieh,

Nicely explained.

Of course, with face-to-face transactions, a lot of these issues just don't come up.

Message 92 of 93
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

if the OP sends the item back using the correct eBay procedures, as has been mentioned previously ad nauseam, there is by definition no overcharge on postage.

Simple fact. It's is not subject to opinion.

David has said it in a nutshell.

If the buyer can go through ebay for an item not as described claim, they will get every cent back that they paid for that item (plus the separate postage for that item). They will get a postage return label to ship the item back to seller at seller's expense. We can wipe all that transaction off the slate as the buyer won't be out of pocket a cent for it.

That leaves the second item, which the buyer wishes to keep. The only charges the buyer will then have paid will be for the item itself and the postage listed on THAT item.

--------

When it comes to the return, there's no need to be talking about the $29 postage paid or whatever it was, versus the 2 separate postages charged, which if I recall, had a $11.50 difference. That situation (which i didn't think was 100% fair) will have ceased to exist. If an ebay refund is given, it will only leave one item paid for and the postage charge on that one item was always clear in the ad and the disgruntlement if I can put it that way, was never about that as such.

Message 93 of 93
Latest reply