Seller no reply, still awaiting postage

I recently purchased a top/skirt combo almost 2 weeks ago. In a rush to purchase my items, I accidentally completed the PayPal transaction with the incorrect postage address. I immediately messaged the seller to see if they were happy to post it to a different postage address... I have not received a reply.

A week later, I still have had no reply so I messaged again to see if I could get an update on my items. I’m still waiting for a reply. It also has not been changed to posted.

I understand that people have lives and can get caught up with things, however the purchase was completed through best offer and we were counter-offering quite regularly - which indicates to me that they are active on eBay. I don’t understand how communication can go completely to nothing.

I have looked at the feedback and it is 100% - one buyer from > 12 months ago said it was a good transaction but slow postage and poor communication.

I don’t like to be a pushy person, but I am beginning to become impatient. I just want an update, I’m not fussed on waiting, as long as I know what is the go.

Is it too early to notify the seller with “I want the item” - should I be waiting a little longer to give the the benefit of the doubt?

*the item has will usually post 2 days after cleared payment.
**have also confirmed it has not arrived at the PayPal default address

Thank you
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

It might pay you to apprise yourself of eBay rules.

If the seller doesn't send to the address showing in Paypal, then they have absolutely no recourse if you claim item not received. A lot of sellers try to automate their sales so it is quite likely the seller doesn't read or respond to messages post-sale.

Do you have a tracking number? If so, what does it say?

You might have a case due to the non-communication, but the onus is entirely on you to provide the correct address when purchasing products. No ifs, buts, maybes, or 'I was in a hurry'.

YOU expect the seller to jump through hoops because YOU stuff up, but YOU don't seem to feel that the issue is entirely down to YOU.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

The seller has not marked it as posted... so I assume it has not been posted.
Even if it has, and to the default address., I was just trying to avoid an additional postage fee from the two address - hence why I messaged ASAP.

I do understand that it was my mistake, and I accept that. Thanks
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

If it arrives at the other address, just get them to cross out the address and put your new address on it and nobody will have to pay.

It sounds like you'll just have to sit it out if they aren't communicating. Was the estimated delivery time a long one? If it is that means they may have a long handling time and not post very often.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Is the seller in China ?

What's the item number ?

image host
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I’m not sure what the estimated delivery is now, it was there when I bought it and now I cannot find it anywhere. Other items that are for sale at the moment have an estimated early August delivery.

No, the seller is in Australia.

I’ll take your advice and sit it out, but if it continues close to the PayPal 45 day, I’ll have to dispute it.

Thank you for your help 🙂
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Paypal allows 180 days to open a dispute

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@thewallysby8 wrote:
I’m not sure what the estimated delivery is now, it was there when I bought it and now I cannot find it anywhere. Other items that are for sale at the moment have an estimated early August delivery.

No, the seller is in Australia.

I’ll take your advice and sit it out, but if it continues close to the PayPal 45 day, I’ll have to dispute it.

Thank you for your help 🙂

Go into the my ebay section & look at your purchases. What you are seeing is a version of their current ad, probably for the same product.

Click on the small print that says something like 'see original listing'. 

That should take you back to the listing you bought from. You'll be able to see the ETA then.

I think the seller should have replied to your messages. If they have a system where they don't see messages, then so be it but it is on their head, they can't complain about consequences.

I also do not like it when an item is never marked in My ebay as posted. I don't expect personal messages but marking an item as posted is a form of communication in my opinion so if they don't do it, they are lacking.

In this case, if your item does not arrive-either to your present address or your previous address- don't leave it drag on till only paypal is an option, open an item not received claim with ebay asap and follow through with it. ie the day after the ETA passes. With no item, no communication, nothing marked as posted, you should not feel obliged to wait an extra second.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Oh good! I thought it was 45 days. Thank you 🙂
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I agree with the marked as communication! I’ll look into it now. I have tried to go back on the original listing and it shows me nothing unfortunately just that “usually will post 2 days after cleared payment”. Thank you for your help everyone!! 😁
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply