Seller refunded in full. How do they get fees back?

delphiniumdell
Community Member

I have a lovely seller who refunded in full including postage when a plate arrived broken. what's the best way for them to get their ebay fees back? (if they can) Can we cancel the transaction somehow? we didn't go to a dispute. I just sent an email with a picture.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The seller needs to initiate a mutual cancellation - if they are unsure how to do this, let them know that they should be able to click 'Resolver a problem' in the dropsown menus for the item, or they can go to the resolution centre (http://resolutioncentre.ebay.com.au/), tick 'I want to cancel a transaction', and on the next screen that need to put the item number in the field. (Once opened, you'll get a message asking to to agree to the cancellation - you need to agree for the seller's FVF to be credited). 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

The seller can request to cancel the transaction. You will receive a message/email from ebay. Just click on the link and indicate you agree to cancel the transaction.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

The seller will have to send you a cancellation request - they can do this from the drop-down menu beside the transaction "Resolve a Problem" then "I sold an item and want to cancel the transaction".

Once you receive it you should 'agree' to the cancellation and the seller's Final Value Fees will be refunded.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Lol! The curse of the slow typist strikes again :^O There were no replies when I started...

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

delphiniumdell
Community Member

Thanks everyone,

I'll let them know.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply