Seller's item listing wont open

Hi, perplexed as to why one of seller's listings wont open so I can purchase. I have messaged seller who states that seems to be fine for her. I am only getting "see items similar to" coming up. Never had this before. Can someone advise what this is likely to be please?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Can you post an item number? Not the sellers name, just the item number so we can have a look.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Hi cant even do that. Wont come up.
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Can you find the item when you look at all the sellers items? If the item number isn't showing in the search results, go up the top of the results and click on where it says "view", then select customise. That brings up a heap of tick boxes. Tick them all including the show item number one and when the page refreshes, the item number should show with the listing.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Yes that works thanks. Item number is 191650811761. Still cant get into actual item page.
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I had no problem once I entered the item nmber in search however it is now finished so if you try and find it through the seller's id it will only show in completed listings.

Are ypu using IE? It can be very tempremantal with ebay although I haven't heard of this one before, try using Chrome.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Hi PJ and Wendshee. Listing has finished as I just purchased it. Item number came up after I followed Wendshee's advice then I typed it into search engine. Listing then opened from that. I use Windows 8 PJ and have always used Windows and never in all my years on Ebay encountered this problem. Many thanks to you and Wendshee for your kind assistance with this.
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

@sprinklespowerpuff wrote:
Hi PJ and Wendshee. Listing has finished as I just purchased it. Item number came up after I followed Wendshee's advice then I typed it into search engine. Listing then opened from that. I use Windows 8 PJ and have always used Windows and never in all my years on Ebay encountered this problem. Many thanks to you and Wendshee for your kind assistance with this.

Windows is the operating system for the computer. What PJ was referring to is the browser you use to view the internet. IE (Internet Explorer) is the default browser for Windows, and it doesn't play nicely with Ebay. Try downloading Firefox or Chrome and use that instead of IE as your internet browser..

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

You're welcome! Glad you got it sorted.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

@egglesdtp wrote:

@sprinklespowerpuff wrote:

Windows is the operating system for the computer. What PJ was referring to is the browser you use to view the internet. IE (Internet Explorer) is the default browser for Windows, and it doesn't play nicely with Ebay. Try downloading Firefox or Chrome and use that instead of IE as your internet browser..

Sorry eggles, meant IE. Was pretty late when I had my dilemma last night. Yes I have noticed on the boards previously that IE is now not recommended for Ebay browsing but am reluctant to alter it in case I do something wrong as I am not at all very computer savvy  I have been experiencing what I think may be site glitches with pages turning to gibberish for want of a better description. If it's not a site glitch but IE I dont get why I never had that problem until some months back when many others were reporting assorted Ebay glitches at various times. Thanks for your input.  Much appreciated.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply