Seller said they didn't receive goods returned to them

Shocking!

Seller sent partial batch of incorrect goods.

I returned the faulty batch via registered post. Online tracking shows that it has been delivered.

Seller now claims that they didn't receive incorrect goods returned to them.

What sort of protection does Ebay give you?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@lyndal1838 wrote:

99.2% is not too bad for a low volume seller but if there are a high number of transactions it means tha there could be dozens of unhappy buyers.

I am glad you got part of the money back but that was a large amount of postage to miss out on.

I'm pleased to hear the buyer had some money refunded but I thought that in a formal case of INAD or goods faulty & having to be returned, the seller would have to pay the return postage?

I've never had occasion to return anything so I don't really know, but would it be usual for a buyer to have to pay the return postage? (When it is not a change of mind return).

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Springy there is more and ore evidence on the boards that ebay is no longer enforcing the return postage being paid for by the seller.

I am so sick of the way ebay changes the goal posts and the rules that I would never use an ebay dispute.   I will stick with a paypal dispute any time.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Seller had in the last 12 months 99.2%

5474 Positive, 56 Neutral, 39 Negative.

In future I will keep in mind for next time that not everybody that is disapponted will leave feedback.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

You don't have to just look for sellers with 100% feedback. You just need to look at what their negative feedback is. Sometimes buyers are just difficult. Others only ever give negative. I often buy from sellers with less than 100% feedback. I can see their negs are just from difficult buyers, or buyers that didn't contact first before leaving bad feedback. If there is a strong pattern on not as described or non arrival, then I might look twice.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply