Seller says price per chair after I have bought it using buy now

I bought a set of 50 chairs on ebay using a buy now (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Recycled-Timber-Wooden-chairs-/221332349094?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPage... After contacting the seller asking when I can pick them up, he says that the buy now price was per chair. There was no mention of this in the auction (not in title, no quantity listing, not in description, which says 50 chairs).

After I bought them, they were automatically relisted, and he then changed the description, saying buy it now price is per chair. Again, there is no quantity set up on the listing. Is there anything I can do about this? I'm really annoyed- I didn't particularly want 50 chairs, but was after 10, and I'm definitely not willing to pay a grand for them!!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Looks like it is a new member who is not used to selling. Unfortunately they did not do the listing correctly in the first place and you cannot force them to sell to you. I know it is annoying. They have relisted and still have not listed them correctly. You can report listing if you like or contact them to let them know they have listed them incorrectly. Mi know you do not want to pay $100 per chair so I would look somewhere else. Sorry this is not the answer you wanted.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Repiort them to Ebay. No excuses for a seller incorrectly listing an item. It states in every listing that Seller Assumes all responsibility for listing.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks guys, I figured that was about all I could do!

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I don't know if this is allowed or possible but maybe you could tell the seller you are willing to reduce the number of chairs down to 10 for the $100 you were willing pay.

If you only want 10 chairs and if you would be happy paying $100 for those 10 chairs then put it to the seller because the worst they can do is say no.

I think they would have to set up a BIN just for you to purchase the chairs. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply