Seller sent wrong item, process of returning

So the seller mistakenly sent the wrong item (it's a mid size box). I raised a request to return and the seller sent a return postage label back. I have put the label in but now he is asking me to drop the item to the depot which is about 3km from our house. Now I don't drive and this is the reason why I buy online in the first place. I asked the seller to have it picked up from my address.

Is it really a buyer's responsibility to drive to a depot to send an incorrect item back?

Additionally, he is holding the correct item until I send the wrong one he sent back.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller sent wrong item, process of returning

There's nothing to stop a seller sending out the correct item.  They do not have to wait for you to send the wrong item back. BUT....most of us here know that the seller is not going to send anything else to you - at a minimum, they will be forced to refund, but they're not going to refund AND send another item out. Why would they?

They issued an Aus Post label right?

Can you give us the item number so we can take a look at the seller.

Sellers do not know whether or not you can drive and I would think that most of us would anticipate the buyer dropping off the parcel if we've agreed to refund at our own expense. So yes, a buyer should co-operate in obtaining their refund in this way.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply