Seller wont post items due to customs risk.

I wanted to buy some items and had to ask seller for ship costs. Then she emailed me rattling on "oh unable to post these due to customs regulations in Australia". I emailed her back saying "willing to take risk, have not had problems before from sellers in UK sending similar items". Do you think she has a right not to post this item or is she being over cautious. Its my money Ill lose if something happens (which I highly doubt). I am still waiting for her response.
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Some sellers don't want or like the troubles of international shipping. I'm an Aussie with over 1000 purchases, most from overseas. If your seller boxes the item securely and sends it registered and insured mail (this is at your expense) it's unlikely to end badly. I still find sellers unwilling to ship to me, in that case I just have to "move on" and find another item or seller who wants my business. But sellers can decide who and where they sell and send their items.

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I just remembered that a seller from the UK a while back posted me an item and it had been opened by customs but let thru and ironically before he sent it he emailed me and said "Are you sure this parcel will be passed at Customs" like he knew already what was going to happen. Seller knows best!
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

eeek would not touch this

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Are the items you are trying buy on the Customs restricted or prohibited list for entry into Australia? If so, then no, I would not expect an overseas seller to post them to me.
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
Do you think she has a right not to post this item 

I know she has the right to refuse to post the item (or to be more specific, to refuse to sell to a location that presents a risk). The reason(s) why are actually (and ultimately) irrelevant, but money (and whose is at risk) isn't always the sole concern of sellers. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
Why don't you save postage and all the aggro and simply buy your doggie treats locally in Australia?

I hardly think your dogs are likely to be clever enough to know the difference myself.
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Sellers have the right to refuse to sell to any member or any country that they chose.  If she does not want to send to you then there is nothing you can do to force the issue.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

anyone want to guess who will be on here winging they have not received there item if this seller caves in??????????

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

She agreed to post them which was good of her and they are small animal treats not dog treats. And you cant buy them here.
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member

"I emailed her back saying "willing to take risk, have not had problems before from sellers in UK sending similar items"

Actually it is the seller taking the risk not the buyer.

I note you left someone a neutral feedback because an item never arrived (even after refund). So would you have left a neutral for this one too if it never arrived without knowing whether it got confiscated at customs or not?

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply