Selling stolen goods on Ebay

mrsmaker
Community Member

My son, Peter Baker purchased a custom made Go Fast Predator Surf from Michael Collins 12.1.17. The item was paid for on my Pay pal account. Peter contacted the manufacturer for decals and was told today by him that the ski had been stolen.What should I do?
Peter Baker

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

At a guess I'd say contact your local police before they contact you, and also phone Paypal and send them the email you've recieved from the manufacturer and do whatever they advise.

Oh, and don't put personal details on a public forum.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

I've reported your post so the  moderators can remove the personal details. You're not talking to eBay here, just members like yourself, so adding personal details can be dangerous. 

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Yep, I did that as well Tippy - they must be having their friday arvo nap ATM............................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

I'm just wandering why mrsmaker has signed her sons name in the post?

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Thank you.  I"ve never done this before.  Obviously this has never happened to me before.  I can't see how to contact ebay about this anywhere on the site. Who can I write to? There is no email address.  Where do you go?

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Sorry, I've never done this before.  I didn't know that you don't put a name.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

at the bottom of every page is 'help and contact' click on that and go from there

In most cases, it is usually better to phone and request a call back

Good luck

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Thank you.  Easier said than done! Will try phoning Paypal and have found Ebay impossible to contact.  I've never used anything like this before, but it was the only thing I found on the Ebay site and I had no idea of the etiquette. Sorry.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

Thank you!  I did go to help and contact many, many times and never saw an opportunity to call or request a call back.  I'll go back again as I've obviously missed. it.  Thanks once again.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply