Shill bidding

I won an auction from a Japanese seller. I decided to check the bid history and all 4 other bidders had some unusual activity. Over 80% of their bids (somtimes 100%) were involved with that particular seller which means not only were his prices articially inflated but so was his feedback since he had thousands of positive reviews.

The seller told me he not refund the payment despite it not being shipped yet. Besides reporting, is there anything I can do? I've never once thought someone had shilling bids until i saw the history of this particular item..
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Shill bidding

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

How can you say it is shill bidding based on what you have posted here?

Could you post the item number here so members can have a look for you.  If it is the transaction I think it is then there are no classic signs of shill bidding that I can see.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Shill bidding

Like4 Lyndal I cannot ascribe any of your concerns to shill bidding, the idea of shill bidding is to increase the price, not win the items so if they are artificially inflating their feedback by winning their own items they are not very good shillers. If they have thousands of feedback so are quite busy it is unlikely they are going to have the time to place shill bids using multiple accounts just to get a couple of bucks extra.

Item number would help.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Shill bidding

go-tazz
Community Member

You may want to post it on the US boards instead of the Australian boards,(after all you are a US member),

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply