Somehow managed to pay via paypal, for items i have already paid for!

Hello, so I bought and paid cash for 2 separate items last week. While buying a couple of small items last night, and paying for them via Paypal, Paypal has paid these other sellers that i already payed on pickup, whats the best way to get a refund. Both these sellers are quite new, so not sure if they would totally understand whats happeed. i really annoyed that paypal has assumed I needed to pay for these as well!
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Before you clicked pay you should have seen you were paying for multiples in one go.

Always only select the ones you want to pay for by clicking the box next to the item.

Also because you hadn't marked the others as paid, the system didn't know they were paid.

You will need to contact the seller and ask them to log into PayPal and click refund.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why get annoyed with ebay/paypal for your mistakes?

It is hardly anyone else's fault that you did not mark the items as paid, or that you did not click on "Pay this seller only" but instead just willy-nilly paid for everything.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

As has been pointed out it was a problem of your own making, how is it anyone else's fault you failed to read anything on the screen before paying?

I hope for your sake the sellers are honest as there is no buyer protection for pick up items and I presume you did not ask for a receipt when you paid cash.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Without getting into the blame game, I understand how easy it is.    I paid "everyone" myself last week, even though I had arranged with the other seller to hold my items until I had finished bidding.   Smiley Embarassed

I hope the amount is small.   It will be interesting to find out the seller's reaction and how honest they are.    By now I hope you have emailed each seller and asked them to send your money back.   

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

$10 from one seller, $50 from the other, so definitely worth pursuing.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

why do so many come to the boards with the attatude this seller is a crook without even contacting the seller and explaining the problem. you might get a shock that there are a lot of honest sellers on ebay! personally i'm finding it harder and harder to justify selling anything on ebay because reading these boards i just know sooner or later i'll get one of these buyers who stuffs up all by themselves and it'll be all my fault.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@penelope-jane wrote:
Hello, so I bought and paid cash for 2 separate items last week. While buying a couple of small items last night, and paying for them via Paypal, Paypal has paid these other sellers that i already payed on pickup, whats the best way to get a refund. Both these sellers are quite new, so not sure if they would totally understand whats happeed. i really annoyed that paypal has assumed I needed to pay for these as well!

Contact the sellers, it is quite easy for a seller to do a refund via paypal.. the little icon 'refund' is right there beside the payment received info in their paypal accounts.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply