Suspected scam listings ...

I have noticed two exactly alike listings that are short auctions from two different sellers.  Items for sale have identical pictures and descriptions but are located in 2 different states.  When i google the email address shown on one of the pics it only brings up 3 other ebay items listed on ebay uk and usa.  The items are way underpriced considering the new price is $16999 AUD.  and the both listings have free postage.  It all just seems a bit suss, but am i over reacting to this. i would hate to see people ripped off again!

Should I report both listings????

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yes report it.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

thanks. shall do.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Just let us know what the items are,(just the basic eg: TV or similar).

Don't post the item number.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

$16999? is its real worth? Who would attempt to sell anything near that worth on Ebay?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Why not? FVFs are capped at $250 regardless of sale price, although I wouldn't want to be paid through Paypal as their fee on such an amount would be well over $400.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

just to let you know, i did report both items in question. 

For your interest they were high end sewing machines, so not the average item that would be searched for i suppose. 

I had them saved in myebay but noticed they had disappeared later that day, so i am guessing that the powers of ebay dealt with it as they do. 🙂

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

They are a scam prone item,the industrial ones where often listed as scam listings,(along with high end TV's

Camara's,musical instruments,phones,etc).

They used to be listed by a scammer that had their Email address in the listing as a jpeg,

(so it wouldn't be picked up by the search bots).

If the listings are gone then they have been removed from the site,good.gif

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply