Terrible experience with Ebay and the customer service dept

I bought an item using a Voucher. Seller couldn't send it and refunded. 

I coudnt see the refund so called Ebay and i was told by Ebay that they cant do anything as the voucher was one time use so i cant use the voucher and I wont get the refund in any other way.

I was like what's my fault here. Trusting Ebay?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

This is usually the case with vouchers. They won't be refunded, so if something goes wrong and you need a refund you will lose them.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I very much doubt that the base level eBay CS person you spoke to has the 'power' to over-ride the t&c of the voucher 

They just read from a pre-written script and don't have the authority to do such things

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I'm a bit intrigued here as you say you bought an item using a voucher. Do you mean a voucher as offered by ebay? Any time I have been offered such vouchers, there are usually terms and conditions attached to them eg $10 off on any purchases over $50, or whatever.

I don't think I have ever been offered a voucher that covered the whole of any item cost.

The only exception I can think of might be if someone joined ebay plus and was given eg a $50 voucher, to spend as they wanted.

Vouchers on ebay, or all the ones I have seen anyway, definitely have limits. Each one has its own specific terms and conditions. I am not surprised to hear yours was a one time use. I have read of other people who have been annoyed to have sales cancelled and then they have lost the value of the voucher.

If your voucher was a large one, as in an ebay plus voucher, I do feel for you as no, it was not your fault, but unless you ring again and strike a different rep who has the power to make a discretionary refund, I don't like your chances. I guess their line is you didn't actually lose any of your own money but all the same, it is disapppointing, I know.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply