The Greeks can deliver to an Australian address on the same day it was posted.

I have just come across so many ridiculous things lately, I just have to put this one up for everyone's amusement.  I bought some items from Greece. First the seller mucked me around for nearly two weeks while she procured the items, (no indication up front that she was selling items she didn't have) she ignored questions about the delay until after she procured the items. So two weeks to finally post the items.  It was posted 23rd October, and marked as "delivered" the same day. (Fastest Post int the World??) The tracking did say it was bound for Australia, so no mistake there. Looks like it was heading to Australia just after 10 Pm on the 23rd. Of course, I haven't got it. I can't seem to get much sense out of the seller, who seems to be having the same problem with another sale to Australia at the same time, all I get is something about them re-using tracking numbers. Now, I can't seem to get further with this. The seller who speaks perfect English has gone silent again. Any advice, please.  Do I wait, or would I have to claim "items not received" before too much time elapses? I wonder if it will every arrive. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If it doesn't arrive by the estimated date, I'd give it a few days grace (not too many, maybe 3-4) then I'd put in an item not received claim.

As far as I am concerned, if they messed around for 2 weeks before posting it because they didn't even have the items they were selling, then that's their problem & if they get dinged a few times with claims, then they might smarten up a bit with stock.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Use the process that is available via Ebay.

Don't muck around with waiting and waiting and waiting..........

Couple days grace maybe, then start the steps, that is what it is for to clean out sellers who play around with the truth and buyers money.

The fact that she didn't have the goods to begin with rings a few bells so protect yourself and be vigilent and use the process. 

Good luck 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Well you have 30 days after the due date to claim so don't let it go past that.

And yes years back I was handed duplicate tracking numbers by AP and when I posted it showed as delivered like 3 months prior so I went and queried AP about it and they said that there were duplicate tracking labels produced so to just ignore it and let the buyers know what's going on and ask them to verify when the items turn up.

So I'd give it another 5 days or so then put in a claim.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The estimated delivery date has disappeared from the listing. She did eventually message back, sounding rather cranky and said that the re-used delivery date was two years old, and the tracking clearly shows it is on the way. (Not from my end it doesn't) I then told her that is says Tuesday 23rd October, and that two years ago the 23rd was a Sunday.

I am really beginning to wonder if I am being scammed.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply