This is about a BIN price.

Sorry, but this explanation is a bit long.

A seller has a store where a bed head is listed for $399 BIN so I clicked the BIN button in order to buy. It redirected me back to the eBay page where it has $399 as a starting price and $699 as the BIN price. I was surprised and knew that it couldn't be right but I placed a bid for the BIN price as stated on the Store page and contacted the seller to tell them about the anomaly.

The seller is Classic Direct Furniture. Item No is 201258864872.

They replied that they could cancel the bid if I liked, which they have now done even though I didn't ask them to.

I feel that they should honour the price they have on their Store listing however I know they can't be forced to sell if they don't want to. It is still listed as BIN for $399.

Is there something I can do as I would like to buy it at their stated BIN price?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I can see the starting bid at $399

The BIN is $699

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

It might have something to do with the way it's lined up when you view - are you using a mobile?

When I look at the store listing on my computer, it is very clear that the item is listed as $399 starting price as Auction;  and $699 for BIN.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

The RRP is listed as $1100 so a BIN of $399 would be mad.

You may have read it wrong as there were no revisions of any kind to the listing ie no change to start price,description or anything else.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

As mentioned in the answer centre - 

On the store page it has a Buy now link to the listing as well as the starting price for the auction, they are totally seperate.

Those 2 don't relate to each other.

Granted it can be misleading, but if you want you can bid for 399 then the BIN disappears and if no one else bids you will win it at 399.

image host
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I agree, this could be considered misleading when presented as shown below on the store page

BIN bed.JPG

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Oh i didn't see that view,no wonder the OP thought it was $399.

I never go through the blue front door,i just sneak in to each listing like the tyre-kicker that i am

Is that an ebay thing or their own store design setup?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I think it is their own store design, as store holders can design their store how they want it to look.

Possibly done with intent.

image host
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

for any reader who is now confused about what we are on about with 'store' views or 'blue doors' then take a look at the pic below which shows how to get to a store view from a listing.

store link.JPG

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

LOLZ i was going to ask for a circled screen shot but i erased that part.

Yes i poke around by "see other items" I will keep that in mind if a poster is seeing something different than I'm seeing.

Maybe they know it could look misleading & cancelled so quickly with the OP

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply