USPS tracking problems to Australia

lvspeedy
Community Member
Hi I purchased an item off eBay. The seller posted it through USPS. It was priority 2 day international shipping. They posted on the 9th March. It should have arrived on 11th March & now it's the 18th march. I still haven't received it. I can't call the 1800 number for usps from Australia. I can't email usps since there is no email address on their website. When I view tracking information its in Erlanger 4 days ago & otherwise no more information. How can I contact USPS? Has anyone got any suggestions what to do?
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it is in Erlanger KY it is not coming with USPS but the Global Shipping Program.

It will arrive in Australia with FedEx.

It may take a few days but eventually you will see the word FEDKEB come up on the tracking information.  That is the notification that it has been handed to FedEx.  Click on that word and it will give you the tracking from the USA to delivery in Australia.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If it's for the LV handbag, then yes, it's definitely coming via the Global Shipping Program. It's mentioned in the listing, where it says No Additional Import Charges at Delivery. The only mention of 2 days was the seller asked for payment within 2 days. The GSP is a rort and a very slow, expensive way to get items shipped from the US. Paying $AU70+ for postage is outrageous!!! 

Something else to be aware of with the GSP, you can't combine shipping costs. So, if you bought 5 items from the same seller, you'd pay 5 lots of postage, yet everything would be packed in together. Most buyers only find out when they go to pay. If you want to buy more than one thing off a seller that uses GSP, before buying anything, ask if they will post via USPS, which is much cheaper (unless it's a larger, heavier item, in which case the GSP works out cheaper).

Most people who frequent these forums avoid the GSP at all costs. Hopefully your item will turn up soon, but things do get stuck in Erlanger for weeks sometimes.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

lvspeedy
Community Member
Thanks for information. Very helpful. Hopefully it will arrive soon ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Just so you know what you're looking for in the future when looking at items from the US or UK, on the search page, under the item title you will see this:

GSP.jpg

In the actual listing, you will see this under the price:

GSP1.jpg

As mentioned, unless it's a larger, heavier item, it's a very expensive way to get items sent from the US and UK. It's not unheard of for people to be charged $30 for a pair of earrings! Don't be fooled by the word Priority. Some people think that means like an express delivery, but it doesn't. 

The mistake the sellers make is they don't put the weight of the item in when they create the listing, so it just guesstimates the cost. The item that I took the second screenshot from was for (I think) a greeting card, which if posted via USPS should have only been a couple of bucks.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

wow 2 days international shipping wouldn't that be great.
I have parcels sent priority from the US and it normally takes 21 days or there abouts. I'm on day 18 now waiting for one.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

mine are averaging 10 days from posting except the one i have to pay customs duty and GST of $300 so i need somw sales on ebay to pay for it. but as usual my sales have dried up in the last 7 days. It is great to see it has improved, but sometimes thing go a bit slow.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply