Unable to complete transaction

Hi I bought an item off a seller last year and it was sent to my P.O Box as we do not get mail deliveries to our residential address. I bought another of the same item a little over a month ago and found that they do not send to P.o Boxes now. I had to request a total ( I did let them know that i had previously ordered the same item without a problem it coming to my P.O Box ) and have them okay the delivery to my P.O Box before i could continue to Paypal to pay for it. It was sent without any problems so i wanted to purchase more of what i had previously ordered so i bought another three of the same item , again on trying to pay i was informed that they do not post to P.O Boxes, so i again requested a total invoice like last time.. Only this time i have sent a few requests and have not heard anything back. It has been 6 days since i put the order through but i am not able to pay for it until the seller gives the okay. I did try to cancel the order but couldn't as i'd already committed to buying it.  I don't know what to do as I don't want to get into trouble for non payment.

Thanks for your time 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks every one for your replies.. update:....... I contacted e-bay as an unpaid item case was opened...  still haven't heard from the seller.. but i was notified that the sale was cancelled and as a i think one time courtesy the unpaid item was closed and has been taken off my account..

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

You should really have got the go-ahead from the seller before buying, they may have changed courier companies to one of those who will not send to PO boxes. Is there not a friend or relative with a street address to whom you can have it delivered then you would just need to change the delivery address on the first check out page before going on to pay.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

You should really have got the go-ahead from the seller before buying, they may have changed courier companies to one of those who will not send to PO boxes. Is there not a friend or relative with a street address to whom you can have it delivered then you would just need to change the delivery address on the first check out page before going on to pay.

More advice that demonstrates a lack of understanding of the eBay system.

The eBay system via the sellers choices when listing is supposed to BLOCK purchases if a seller elects NOT to post to PO Boxes. 

The sale has occured through seller not listing correctly OR eBay glitch - one must give the seller the benefit of the doubt I think and go with eBay glitch.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

@mezzaroony wrote:

Hi I bought an item off a seller last year and it was sent to my P.O Box as we do not get mail deliveries to our residential address. I bought another of the same item a little over a month ago and found that they do not send to P.o Boxes now. I had to request a total ( I did let them know that i had previously ordered the same item without a problem it coming to my P.O Box ) and have them okay the delivery to my P.O Box before i could continue to Paypal to pay for it. It was sent without any problems so i wanted to purchase more of what i had previously ordered so i bought another three of the same item , again on trying to pay i was informed that they do not post to P.O Boxes, so i again requested a total invoice like last time.. Only this time i have sent a few requests and have not heard anything back. It has been 6 days since i put the order through but i am not able to pay for it until the seller gives the okay. I did try to cancel the order but couldn't as i'd already committed to buying it.  I don't know what to do as I don't want to get into trouble for non payment.

Thanks for your time 

Please read my previous post as to why this may have occurred.

What I would do is to firstly message the seller and request that they cancel the transaction as "the address details are incorrect" - a seller has the option to use this cancellation function.

If the seller does not respond within a couple of days, or opens an unpaid case, I would then ring eBay and ask them to cancel the transaction manually due to the seller non-response, so the matter can be resolved.  I would let them know that block that is supposed to be in place to prevent you from purchasing from a seller who does not post to PO Boxes does not work.

My posts assume that your primary postal address listed on eBay is NOT your PO Box.   If this is not the case, then I would suggest changing  it over to do what you can to prevent this situation from happening. You can still have your residential address as your registration address.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

More advice that demonstrates a lack of understanding of the eBay system.

The eBay system via the sellers choices when listing is supposed to BLOCK purchases if a seller elects NOT to post to PO Boxes. 

The sale has occured through seller not listing correctly OR eBay glitch - one must give the seller the benefit of the doubt I think and go with eBay glitch.

I think that has changed as far as the blocking goes. My PO Box is my default address but I had no trouble purchasing an item a few weeks ago but I wasn't able to complete payment until I had changed my delivery details.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

No it hasn't as far as I can see.

Under seller account ~ exclude postage locations ~ PO Box is still available as an option.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

New Picture.jpg

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Then it must not be working properly as I had no problem purchasing with my PO box listed as the default delivery address....then again most of ebay doesn't work properly at the best of times.

Maybe it will now let you purchase but you can't complete payment as that is the problem I had.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Yes Jen it appears to be more than likely that is an eBay glitch, with the block not applied until after purchase.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Glitch??  Sounds like just yet another new scheme for eBay to steal/ grab more unnecessary fees from sellers. Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply