Unable to respond to messages on Chrome. why?

I am unable to respond to ebay messages and other functions when I'm on Chromes. It gives this error. But when I'm on IE, everything works. 

Capture.JPG

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

There has to be an exception to prove a rule so they say, you must be it LOL. Have you tried clesring cookies, cache etc, closing the browser and re opening it or give firefox a whirl.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Firefox lol, this ain't 2000s

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

@kuromusha1 wrote:

Firefox lol, this ain't 2000s

Lol indeed. Why use something that works when you can complain about something that doesn't.

Btw 6 figure salary generally doesn't include the figures AFTER the decimal.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

What up with the personal attacks. Chrome is the post popular browser in the world at the moment.
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

@kuromusha1 wrote:
What up with the personal attacks. Chrome is the post popular browser in the world at the moment.

On what do you base that assumption?  As IE is already installed on all microsoft computers and large swathes of the population don't know there is an alternative coupled with the fact many people use Macs and just keep using the supplied Safari I doubt very much if Chrome is the post, or even most, popular browser at the moment.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

@kuromusha1 wrote:

Does it really matter what the most popular browser in the world is?

If it does not work on ebay why persevere with it when it is so easy to change to a browser that does work?

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

@kuromusha1 wrote:

On what do you base that assumption?  As IE is already installed on all microsoft computers and large swathes of the population don't know there is an alternative coupled with the fact many people use Macs and just keep using the supplied Safari I doubt very much if Chrome is the post, or even most, popular browser at the moment.

Statistics from a range of sources - just google - show that Chrome is currently the most popular browser in the world. 

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Seriously. You complaint about other's personal attack, and here you go doing the same. Firstly, you laugh at people using FireFox, then you cry walf about people personal attack ?

Lets get something right first. Chrome is most installed, but may not be most used. Why most installed ? because there are more android devices out there than iphone and other devices. But that does not mean EVERYone will use them. Not to mention, you will need to look at type of device the users used to browse internet.

Now if you want to quote on internet searches as gospel of your answer, then you also need to do abit of search to ensure your answer is 100% correct (or try put in some disclaimer in).  For all we know, the stats you got most likely produced by Google, aka Chrome's owner, hence would have askew the stats to their own adventage

Let me show you abit more about other side of Chrome. ... here I can see on an independant company's stats.... 

(https://www.netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=0&qpcustomd=1)

On Desktop, IE win outright........  On Tablet/mobile devices, Safari win out right..... Both cases, Chrome comes 2nd only...... So.... do abit more deligent checks before calling other stupid..... the only outcome here, you proved to others you act stupidly........ like some of your other posts...

Desktop browser usage.jpg

tablet browser usage.jpg

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

@kuromusha1 wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@kuromusha1 wrote:

Does it really matter what the most popular browser in the world is?

If it does not work on ebay why persevere with it when it is so easy to change to a browser that does work?

I know you're a senior and probably used to IE because it preinstalled with Windows and never even bothered to try out other browsers, but for most tech savvy people and young people like myself, we only used IE to install Chrome, then we hide IE in the control panel because we'll never used it again.

In with the boots again kuro?  Read the last part of lyndal's post that I've helpfully underscored for you, in case you missed it.

In the past lyndal has been one of the many boardies to recommend ditching IE and using Firefox or Chrome for eBay, so it would be wise to assume they are using one or both of those browsers..........................

No, it is not easy to just change browser,

Of course it's easy to change browsers, just download whichever one/s you want and put them into your shortcuts. 

most people prefer to stick to one browser which they like the best, and that is most likely to be Chrome according to the latest statistics. I have thousands of bookmarks, my bowering history, passwords, extensions, Chrome apps, my Chrome is linked to my Chrome on my Android phone and Chromecast on my TV and my other five computers, I used Chrome at work (yes, even banks, notorious for their reluctance to technological change, eg Commonwealth Bank still use XP but the latest Chrome on their computers). All these features, which you obviously do not use, therefore I can see why you think it is "easy" to change browser because (no offense intended, but just statistically speaking) old and tech-challenged people only internet for simple bowering, that's why they see no difference in features and efficiency when using different browsers.

So, I am here asking if I can get eBay to work on Chrome, which is my first choice at solving this issue and your band-aid solution of switching to another browser for ebay would be my last choice if all have exhausting all possible endeavors of getting ebay to work on Chrome.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 19
Latest reply