Waiting on partial refund

frangipanimad
Community Member

Received item but size is incorrect when comparing to their size chart of the seller. Contacted seller & opened return item with ebay. Seller has contacted me & offered partial refund instead of returning item. I am satisified with the outcome.

Made payment thorugh Paypal but the seller keeps advising that the refund can not be processed through paypal if the case is still opened with Ebay.

Is this correct? I thought that Paypal was a payment method only so is there any reason why the seller would not be able to process a refund to me?

This is what the seller as said

sorry that refund failed.
could you pls contact ebay customer to tell them that you don't want to return the item back but willing to accept sellers solution with partial refund ?

hi, thank you
since case is the buyers right so seller have no access to close the case for you .
but once case closed . I will make refund as agreed without any problems 🙂

pls keep me informed.hi, thank you
since case is the buyers right so seller have no access to close the case for you .
but once case closed . I will make refund as agreed without any problems 🙂

pls keep me informed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sounds very much like a fanciful story from a seller in China with almost 100 negs in the past month alone

I would say they have no intention of giving any kind of refund

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

For a seller to make any refund, even a partial one, all they have to do is go to their PP account, locate your transaction and refund the portion agreed upon.

I do it from time to time with excess postage.

Very quick and simple.

It appears that the seller is just stringing you along and I can't see why they cannot make a refund - I doubt that the funds are on hold just because a case is open.

In fact, now that I think about it, I'm wondering if there isn't an option in the case itself for the seller to do a partial refund? Others will advise, as it's been a very long time since I last had a case opened, so not 100% sure.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

In fact, now that I think about it, I'm wondering if there isn't an option in the case itself for the seller to do a partial refund? Others will advise, as it's been a very long time since I last had a case opened, so not 100% sure.

I was wondering the same.

As I have opened a return case for 1 item being NAD and seller has messaged saying you should have waited for us to refund.

Well I waited nearly a week for a partial refund with no reply and eBay sent a message stating if it's not received by seller 11th June return will close. So naturally I returned it paying postage myself (don't know why I didn't get return label) so will see if they refund fully or partially. All I wanted was the partial refund for the add-on item I purchased.

I have a feeling there is no option to partial refund in a case, I think it needs to be done before a case is opened.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

I have a feeling there is no option to partial refund in a case, I think it needs to be done before a case is opened.

I'm almost certain you're correct Kopes, once eBay is asked to step in the only options are full refund with or without the return of the item in question.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Yes you can offer a partial refund within the dispute via ebay. But you never know foreign sellers may have different options but I doubt it.

I would call their bluff and ask for a full refund if they cannot do a partial.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply