Well now THAT is interesting....

I recevied a facebook post from ebay today It said "you and me are meant to be".... Witty, I thought.

However the item was a nasty & very FAKE Chanel handbag currently up for auction and being bid on by several poor mislead buyers.

Dont get me wrong I like the idea of ebay being proactive on behalf of its Sellers but I do think they need to be carfeul of the products they promote so randomly.

What do you guys think? Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Could be from anyone really - much like the various spam emails from banks, insurance companies, ebay and retailers -  but chances are that the lister of the item may also have something to do with the notification to you.  Many of these notifications on facebook and other social media are linked to what you've "liked" as many people have their "likes" viewable by the public ....... and also what you google about.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

allfixelectrical
Community Member

I got one today too to my personal facebook news feed pointing me to an item of my own that I sell in my ebay store !!

Most likely an automated thing which the ebay computer responsible for has no clue.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Sounds like what you are referring to is actually advertising which is definitely related to you what you google and dependent on your facebook advertising settings, which is why you might see one of your own listings come up.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I find I am hit with ebay advertising on several different sites. I am guessing it is all computer generated because often there will be a photo of an actual item I have looked at or saved in my watching list.

Exactly the same thing happens with the real estate website Domain, on facebook it keeps throwing up houses for me to look at.

The funniest one though is an ad i keep seeing. It says something like 'Endeavour Hills woman is really 70 and looks like she is 29 with this amazing face cream'. I think we can all take that one with a dose of salt.

I've never looked up face creams, I am not 70, but I do come from Endeavour Hills, so obviously I am being tracked by some ad companies. Ebay is only one of them.Smiley Very Happy

Ebay aren't concerned about fake or not, they just want you to buy. They are just general ads, trying to target your interests I guess.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

good old endeavour hills used to go there twice a week had a lady doing some packing for me , then used to go back down power st doveton to dandy what a pain trying to keep under 50ks with a straight road with hills , i always have to break so i wont go over the speed limit. 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

hus2385
Community Member

My advice can be summed up in two words, guys: "Adblock Plus" 🙂

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I really dont have an issue with the odd promo item from ebay popping up on my facebook I was just gobsmacked that the item they chose to promote was a FAKE branded item.

As has been said it is pretty random and ebay seem no longer to concern themselves with the plethora of fakes on the site ( at least until they are sued for millions again).Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

The funniest one though is an ad i keep seeing. It says something like 'Endeavour Hills woman is really 70 and looks like she is 29 with this amazing face cream'. I think we can all take that one with a dose of salt.

We all get the same ads - they just change the suburb name

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

oh no...have replied to an old thread...I think they're fiddling again (Fri 'n all)
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply