What category would I use to report on sellers misleading buyers?

Hi All, So I go looking for a light box in the Camera section and I always click on 'in Australia' as I try and support the Aussie sellers first. It's only ever if the Aussie sellers don't have what I'm looking for do I head further abroad and it's never China. So far I've come across 5 sellers who claim the item is in Sydney yet when I check out their feedback their eBay id states they are in China. Their feedback is not 100% but not enough to ring alarm bells. Are they allowed to set up their account this way? If I wish to report cause they are not in Australia at all, what category would I use?

Thanks, Cassie

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Listing Practices> Other listing practices> Item location misrepresentation
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@cassie135 wrote:

Hi All, So I go looking for a light box in the Camera section and I always click on 'in Australia' as I try and support the Aussie sellers first. It's only ever if the Aussie sellers don't have what I'm looking for do I head further abroad and it's never China. So far I've come across 5 sellers who claim the item is in Sydney yet when I check out their feedback their eBay id states they are in China. Their feedback is not 100% but not enough to ring alarm bells. Are they allowed to set up their account this way? If I wish to report cause they are not in Australia at all, what category would I use?

Thanks, Cassie

Cassie, unfortunately eBay allows a lot of Chinese sellers to do that, they (the seller) will say the goods are in for example Sydney (which they often are), but if there's a problem with the faulty goods PayPal insists that have to be returned to China - at considerable expense.

I was caught like this a while ago and even after talking to a PayPal supervisor, they wouldn't budge on their stance even though they sympathised with me about the listing practice that eBay allows............grrrr..............

I did complain to Ebay (by phone) about the practice, but they also wouldn't take the problem on board - high volume sellers can get away with it with impunity it seems................sigh.............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Okay well thanks for the input. It's a nuisance when I do a search and check "in Australia" and what comes up is sellers in China and the majority of buyers wouldn't know to check out the feedback which only then does it show the seller's location. I'd like to think "in Australia" means the item is selling from Oz along with the buyer being in Oz but I guess that's not how it goes.

Cassie

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply