What do you look for in a listing???????

I am starting this thread to find out what buyers think makes for a good listing.  Over the years I have read threads where buyers complain about a seller's listing, but I want to start a thread that can be a one-stop place for posting ideas about listings.  As a casual seller, I am interested to know what buyers think makes for a good or bad listing.

I'm not thinking about 'professionally' produced listings, I'm thinking more along the lines of listings produced by casual sellers.

What is it about a listing that makes you stand up and take notice?  What can a seller do to improve their listings for buyers?

What puts you off a listing?

I'll kick it off with a few things I have gleaned about listings over the years.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

What do you look for in a listing???????

Like: Good photos, honest description AND measurements if applicable.

Dislike: One line descriptions & worse no description at all. No measurements at all & item photographed on it's own with nothing to relate it's size to. Photos ~ Please show good clear photos of the item in proper orientation. I don't know why some sellers even bother at times. Just in the last 3 days I have seen at least 2 dozen listings with photos that are either very unfocused, shot at such weird angles I can't make out what they actually looked like, or photographed using a fisheye lens. I hit the back button & leave without even reading the description with those.  

Message 31 of 31
Latest reply