When does Ebay shut down a SHAM STORE. has in last month 128 neg = no items recieved

Hi all,

When does Ebay step up and shut down STORES that do not sent products.

If you read the last months 128 negative feedbacks you will see..... no items recieved, no correspondence. Nothing from them?

When is enough enough ??? I have purchased and not gotten..... but my concern now is: When do future buyers get protected by this ???

Obviously red flags are not being sent to Ebay when numerable claims to resolution centre are activated.

Ebay: How many is toooooooo few No ITEMS RECIEVED????

i am really perplexed by it all. What happens to the Ebay safeguards???? Are they completely automated?? Hmmmm

Cheers anyways, 

Victoria ”

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When does Ebay shut down a SHAM STORE. has in last month 128 neg = no items recieved

Springy in regards to eBay's policies and their own Trust and Safety department, the latter is asleep on the job (or simply doesn't give a rats) and the policy makers appear to have no intention of enforcing their own rules and regulations.

I can't help but think that that attitude is going to have buyers leaving eBay in droves for other platforms (facebook, local markets etc), not only that those buyers will most certainly NOT be recommending eBay as a safe place to buy or sell.  

Oh well, perhaps another buy/sell platform will emerge and give us all a better and fairer platform for trading on - I won't hold my breath on that one, but it would be so good if it did happen and end the virtual monopoly that eBay has at the moment.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Future buyers are protected by reading the feedback and deciding for themselves whether to buy or not.

If buyers don't read the warnings then it is too bad.

In an ideal world ebay would close them down but if it is also a buying account it is doubtful if they ever will.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

When  buying i always read the sellers feedback first

you would be a fool not to.

then i make a decision from there if sellers get just general whiney comments  then i will buy but definately not if the negs are warrented an ongoing.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

HI

Yes I have been in and seen people with a lot off bad feedbacks

But the sales have only been less then a couple of dollars for the item.

Honestly what do people expect for two dollars these days.    Would get the same from the dollar shop in town. The items are thrown together and also some brittle.   It is to be expected when get the item it looks cheap.  It is cheap.

But none posting is a different matter.   And also the sellers with multiple bad feedback who are selling 925 and higher and it is only a plated alloy.

Also the ads stating Solid Sterling but if read the whole listing  and look at the price carefully will find the bottom of the listing says

"  Sterling Filled " 

It def is a case of buyer beware,  but also a case of buyer please read the listings carefully first.  

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Victoria, I agree with you.

If there is any store/seller out there who has 128 negatives in a  month for items not received, then I assume at least half of the buyers would have claimed their money back from ebay or paypal. That number should trigger some ebay action, automated or not.

It should not just be a case of buyers needing to read feedback first.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Springy in regards to eBay's policies and their own Trust and Safety department, the latter is asleep on the job (or simply doesn't give a rats) and the policy makers appear to have no intention of enforcing their own rules and regulations.

I can't help but think that that attitude is going to have buyers leaving eBay in droves for other platforms (facebook, local markets etc), not only that those buyers will most certainly NOT be recommending eBay as a safe place to buy or sell.  

Oh well, perhaps another buy/sell platform will emerge and give us all a better and fairer platform for trading on - I won't hold my breath on that one, but it would be so good if it did happen and end the virtual monopoly that eBay has at the moment.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

It is a real money spinner for sham sellers.  They say, I sent item, then offer partial refund.  It happened to me, offered $10 instead of $14, do it 1000 times and that's a cool $4000 for nothing.  Of course they pay the eBay fees, so eBay is happy, and they say please give me 5 stars and say nice things about me.  Well I got the full $14 back from eBay and gave them a bad rating.  Not enough others do it though.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I can't understand why any buyer these days would be happy with a partial refund for an item not received.

In the old days, yes, but not now with paypal as proof of payment and items supposed to be trackable etc

I'd be like you, looking for a full refund.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

thanks for info.

When i purchased in november there were only a handful of negatives, oh well...
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply