when it was not offered by seller OR have i missed something in

the "Fine Print"

by seller?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Who pays postage?

Normally when you buy local the seller sends a postage label so you don't pay for the return.

But you are at the mercy of a seller when buying off shore.

You need to pay the return and have the seller reimburse you if they will or do at all.

But of course they know it will be expensive for you and hope you give up.

Some Chinese sellers refund without wanting the item returned or offer a part refund.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Who pays postage?

Normally when you buy local the seller sends a postage label so you don't pay for the return.

But you are at the mercy of a seller when buying off shore.

You need to pay the return and have the seller reimburse you if they will or do at all.

But of course they know it will be expensive for you and hope you give up.

Some Chinese sellers refund without wanting the item returned or offer a part refund.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Who pays postage?

Now that you mention this about addresses, I have noticed that there are sometimes no return addresses on items. MMM very cunning. I tend to forget about these types of donkey holes. Thanks for the reminder.

Cheers

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Who pays postage?

But if you open a return case eBay will provide you with the seller's return address anyway.

Although it's not official policy, if you jump onto eBay's online chat and find a helpful CS representative, they'll often generate a return shipping label for you if you ask often (and politely) enough, and email it through.

I've had this happen twice where an item has arrived damaged, and then the seller had wanted it returned to a different address to the one listed on the eBay returns (the address was out of date), and I've asked eBay to provide me with a return label (because the seller hasn't), and they've done so.

This is great because you're not waiting for a postage refund, and there can't be any issue with returning to a different address because eBay themselves have provided the label.

In both cases it was a domestic return, but it would be worth asking in the case of a return to China and seeing what eBay say.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Who pays postage?

Nobody can provide a return postage label for an overseas seller.  It is an Australia Post service and can only be used by Australian sellers.

Ebay can however give you a return address for an overseas seller but you post at your own expense.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply