Why are ebay endorsing FedEx? Rant!

Ive had recent problems with items not arriving on time from the US. When i have tracked the item I see that it arrives in Australia with no problem and then all progress stops. The first time I enqiured with ebay, they tell me the item has been transfered to FedEx for delivery but when I inquire with FedEx they tell me the tracking number isnt theirs! What good is this tracking info if you cant tell who has your package! Suddenly the item arrived. Fancy that....

The next case was from the same buyer and I had the same issue. The package made it to Australia and the stops with FedEx! Im currently still waiting for that package which is now 8 days past the latest delievery date which was the 5th May. This time ebay provided me with a new tracking number for FedEx and on their website my item is sitting at a rural depot and has been for the last 10 days. My item was shipped priority mail from the US but on FedEx's site its listed as economy..I asked for a refund so I could buy the item from a different forum as I need it quite urgently. I looked at my cases progress and ebay have put it on HOLD until th 17th! to gather more documentation....So I googled FedEx and ebay and up comes an endorsement from ebay for sellers to sign up to use FedEx through thier ebay sales to recieve discounted rates on postage.

Do the sellers know thier items arent arriving at the correct time? Do they realise why they might get bad feedback? What point is complaining to ebay when they are in bed with FedEx!

Today is Saturday 13th of May. What's the bet my item arrives on Monday now.....

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

@4channel wrote:

Hello again lyndal1838, just a quick reply to your previous post/reply to me.

You said ...

"What sort of marketing calls are you getting?  I can't imagine that FedEx is spamming you....why would they?"

You know very well I was talking about information being sold! Not the extra 3rd or 4th party that has has inserted itself into the line between seller and buyer. Companies often sell info. This is how marketing companies get info.

What evidence do you have that anyone connected to the GSP has sold information about you or your purchases? What information could they have that is not available to anyone connected to USPS or any of the international courier companies that are used by USPS?

Now to reply to your most recent,

You said ... 

"We have been paying attention but you do not seem to be listening to the answers.

How do you know the sellers using the GSP are entering the correct data to ensure that they are getting the best possible rates?

Unless you know that for sure you cannot compare the GSP with USPS."

Evidently not all of you have, Nice to see you can speak for the others here.

Again lyndal1838, please go and look at the auctions that are for dvds, cds, records and other small parts etc. Thousands and thousands of them. Compare the prices shown for Global Shipping to the prices shown for USPS First Class International.

To make it easy, I'll give you an example here. A dvd from the US to Australia via Global Shipping can be around  US $24.27. Same item via USPS First Class International, US $10. Or via Economy half that.

BTW: US $24.27 = AUD $32.70  and USD $10 =  AUD$13.47

You are completely missing the point...whether on purpose or you just do not understand, I do not know but to give you the benefit of the doubt I will explain once again.

Using your example of CDs and DVDs and basing my explanation on the fact often stated by you that some sellers have no idea that they are even selling overseas, let's try again.

It is a well known fact that if sellers enter the correct dimensions and weight into a GSP listing they will often get a considerably lower rate than a listing that does not enter the information.   If a seller has no idea that they are even selling overseas they are most unlikely to enter that information....why would they when it is not necessary for a domestic listing.

If a seller lists with First Class International they have made a conscious decision to use the cheapest rate possible for their overseas customers.

Without knowing if the seller using the GSP knows that they are selling overseas and has entered the dimensions and weight there is no way you can compare the 2 different shipping rates.

Many sellers have no idea how to get the best postage rates for their customers.....they take the easiest method for themselves, and that is usually one of the premium services that includes tracking and confirmation of delivery as well as insurance.  The proof of delivery criteria in the USA for example is much stricter than here in Australia.  

As far as US sellers are concerned the GSP is the ant's pants for them....it is fully tracked, has proof of delivery to paypal standard and is fully insured.  And into the bargain ebay will remove any bad feedback that the seller receives if it has anything to do with the GSP...if it mentions speed of delivery or cost it is automatically removed.

I am not sure why you have put in the exchange rates....what have they got to do with this discussion?

Oh, and by the way again. My semi fragile were sent via Pitney Bowes and repacked, had no insulation on the bottom of the box so if it was dropped then they would sustain damage on the ends.

And this is relevant how?   I don't think you will find anyone who will praise Pitney Bowes for their repackaging skills....certainly not me.  

I do find the GSP service from the UK to be quite different though......much cheaper on the whole and faster.....and no problems with the repackaging.   However, I do have to qualify that by saying that the sellers who have used it have all entered the dimensions and weights into the listings.

Message 21 of 53
Latest reply

Oh my dear lyndal1838, why do you side-step  on to this track when you say .....

"What evidence do you have that anyone connected to the GSP has sold information about you or your purchases? What information could they have that is not available to anyone connected to USPS or any of the international courier companies that are used by USPS?"

I have never said that anyone connected to the GSP has sold info. I just warn about giving info to other parties that's all. But if Pitney Bowes were selling info then I wouldn't be surprised. From what I have seen with the disturbing incidents relating to this outfit in the many many many discussions on ebay and other sites, I would excercise caution.

You said ....

"You are completely missing the point...whether on purpose or you just do not understand, I do not know but to give you the benefit of the doubt I will explain once again.

Using your example of CDs and DVDs and basing my explanation on the fact often stated by you that some sellers have no idea that they are even selling overseas, let's try again."

Ahh, where do I often state that some sellers "have no idea that they are selling overseas" ?? Where ?? Have you perhaps got me mixed up with someone else ?

Look, even if sellers were'n't putting in the dimensions peoperly, I guarantee that Global Shipping would still be the same, twice or thrice the price.. If not then 99.999% of ebay sellers are in the dark because very item I have compared between USPS First Class International and Global Shipping, the USPS First Class always comes in much cheaper than  Global. 

And if you were right, these scores and scores of people spewing, complianing about being fleeced wouldn't exist. These hurting and and angered people wouldn't be hurting. Please do the research and look for yourself.

You said ...

"I am not sure why you have put in the exchange rates....what have they got to do with this discussion?"

Why did I put in the exchange rates? Well why not? It just shows how much Australian people would be put out of pocket in Australian dollars.

And I said ......  "Oh, and by the way again. My semi fragile were sent via Pitney Bowes and repacked, had no insulation on the bottom of the box so if it was dropped then they would sustain damage on the ends."

To which you replied. ....

"And this is relevant how?   I don't think you will find anyone who will praise Pitney Bowes for their repackaging skills....certainly not me. "

Simple! It is relavent. Now that an extra party has inserted itself into a transation that was originally just between 2 people, and they are not packing the items with the care required, that opens up a whole new issue. DAMAGE Possibility of DAMAGE. Some rare items are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Ask any collector or rare items that question. My items probably would have been damaged if the carton dopped on it's head or underside.

Good to hear that you unlike someone else who haunts these boards don't  have that knee-jerk priase for Pitney.

"I do find the GSP service from the UK to be quite different though......much cheaper on the whole and faster.....and no problems with the repackaging. "

And as for the UK, if the people are being stung less than what they are with using Global Shipping from the US, then that makes me a bit happier. I don't like to see people  being ripped off.l

Thanks for your input.

Message 22 of 53
Latest reply

The horse is dead Lyndal. It's at this point now.

Image result for pulling teeth emoticon

Spoiler
This discussion is reminiscent of some that took place over using a courier.
Message 23 of 53
Latest reply

Yes Tippy....I know.   I just thought I would give it one last try but there is just so much eye rolling and sighing that one can do.

Hopefully other members will be able to understand the points I have made, even if the OP has a closed mind.

Funny thing is, this is really a variation on the discussion about the use of couriers.....only differenc is that the GSP is using an international courier.   I still stand by what I have always said.....couriers, whether local or international, are not for everyone.

Message 24 of 53
Latest reply

Hence why i said "Do they know".
Message 25 of 53
Latest reply

WOW,
anyway. Fedex have told me, well after i recieved my item, that they basically only walked it off the plane and got it through customs and then they said Australia post havnt honoured there commitment?
Why are Australia Post involved?
Why doesnt a courier service deliver to me? Thats what i paid for.
Australia Post doesnt care if my item sits in a depot for what turned out to be13 days..
There needs to be more transparency.
Which by the way was my whole point!
There you go, go argue over that.
Message 26 of 53
Latest reply

@trembla007 wrote:
WOW,
anyway. Fedex have told me, well after i recieved my item, that they basically only walked it off the plane and got it through customs and then they said Australia post havnt honoured there commitment?
Why are Australia Post involved?

Most of the smaller GSP items are handed to Australia Post to be sent as eParcels with FedEx listed as the seller.  FedEx deiver the larger items or if they do not deliver to your area they will off load it to another courier who does.s

Why doesnt a courier service deliver to me? Thats what i paid for.
No, you paid Pitney Bowes to deliver the item to you.  Pitney Bowes uses FedEx to deliver to Australia which they have done.

Australia Post doesnt care if my item sits in a depot for what turned out to be13 days..
Australia Post has no say in how long the items sit in the FedEx depot.  Pitney Bowes only pays for Economy delivery which means that FedEx has up to 21 days to deliver.

There needs to be more transparency.
You can find out most of this information by reading all the GSP T & Cs if you really want to.....but I suppose it is easier to whinge about it after you have bought your items.

Which by the way was my whole point!
There you go, go argue over that.
Nobody is arguing....just giving the facts,

Message 27 of 53
Latest reply

Here's what i will do.
I once enjoyed and trusted ebay to make purchases without having to carefully go through documentation to ensure i would actually recieve my item by its estimated delivery date, which it now appears i cannot.
I didnt imagine i would ever have to ask a seller to put dimensions and weight of an article in so i wouldnt get ripped off.
I thought that after unsatisfactory answers from ebay and Fedex that this forum might yeld some answers. If im to be labelled a whinger for expecting my items to be delivered by the date provided then every other buyer is a whinger too! Its what we expect.
So
After i receive the few items im waiting for, i will leave ebay. I no longer find it a convenient way to buy items.
Maybe if more did leave they would review these issues.
Message 28 of 53
Latest reply

The estimated delivery date is just that.....an estimate.  It is just a number that ebay has plucked out of nowhere.  If you cannot understand that then I think you have made a sensible decision to no longer buy on ebay.

Or you could do what most of us do and not use the GSP if you are not happy with it.

Message 29 of 53
Latest reply

Hi trembla007, I just want to reply to a couple of things you have said,

You said

"I thought that after unsatisfactory answers from ebay and Fedex that this forum might yeld some answers. If im to be labelled a whinger for expecting my items to be delivered by the date provided then every other buyer is a whinger too! Its what we expect.
So"

You would expect something constructive but the problem is that a small portion people here aren't aware or don't care about what goes on. I do and I can tell you do too. You are no whinger at all. You are just someone excercising their right to bring to attention the negative aspects of somthing. I applaud you for that.

Some time back  on another thread, "The GSP company Pitney Bowes is absolutely killing my purchases from the USA"

canberrafisher on 05-07-2016, was voicing their displeasure and making a valid point. The reply below by another member was no help at all

===========================================================================

Your whole one listing. You've done it now, eBay will go completely broke and we'll have nowhere to buy or sell. I hope you're happy with yourself for single handedly bring eBay down by removing your one listing. Shame on you.

Ebay is over for you? smiley: A11fun - keystrokes: :bye

Don't slam the door on the way out. You'll wake everyone up.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/The-GSP-company-Pitney-Bowes-is-absolutely-killing-my-purchas...

===========================================================================

People have a right to voice their concerns. People like you, canberrafisher, myself and ken6311_2008 . We all have a right to voice our displeasure and hopefully find a solution to a crippling effect.

You said ....

"After i receive the few items im waiting for, i will leave ebay. I no longer find it a convenient way to buy items.
Maybe if more did leave they would review these issues."

Well, I can understand your anguish. I know of people now who are shopping on other alternative places because of Global Shipping / Pitney. I don't think you should leave ebay yet. I think possibly contact them with your displeasure. Perhaps if enough of us do they may reconsider their relationship with that unsavoury company.

Most of all don't be deterred and pay no mind to those who seek to call you a whinger or mock you for speaking out. You are to be commended for coming forth, just as much as the many others before you.

Message 30 of 53
Latest reply