Why are sellers allowed to put fake Australian addresses on their seller info?

I have just made 2 purchases 1 had their address in China the other in Victoria Australia. The item from Victoria is going to take a minimum of 1 month to arrive. That is wrong. Either they don’t have what is advertised or the address is bogus. Either way it is of serious concern.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

It has been going on for many years now, particularly with Chinese sellers, eBay takes the stance that its eBay China's problem and they turn a blind eye to it.

The only thing you can do is look at the seller's feedback before buying and see where they are registered, and also note in your feedback left for them what they are doing.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

As padi says, always check feedback before committing to buy.  Also a good idea to check where seller is registered.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

People need to stop buying from these 'sellers'

Full stop, these sellers keep on keeping on because people keep on buying buying buying

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

@enigmabearwrote:

Full stop, these sellers keep on keeping on because people keep on buying buying buying

Next you'll be saying people should read descriptions. If you read descriptions AND checked seller feedback, that could waste a whole minute...

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

@davewil1964wrote:

@enigmabearwrote:

Next you'll be saying people should read descriptions. If you read descriptions AND checked seller feedback, that could waste a whole minute...

Don't forget, they should waste even more time by looking at ALL the pictures using the magnifying tool.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

There seems to be no end of buyers happy enough to buy stuff from sellers who have a couple of hundred negs every month and then wonder why said seller did'nt change their ways (especially for them) 

A minute hey? guess the NBN has'nt hit their area yet  Cat Wink

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

I was thinking more about reading speed, rather than download speed.

And, no, the NBN isn't available out in the sticks where I live - less than 10km from Parliament House.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

I have not got the NBN either (thank goodness) and I am within sight of Sydney Airport.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Oh gawd, don't get me started on NBN. I was FORCED to change. I had no choice. Everything else got switched off earlier this month. Everything you hear about it is true. Most of the last 2 days I've had little to no connection. I was just about to smash the router today when I decided to change some settings. Bingo! So far I've had a connection going for a full hour!

As for download speeds, I bought the top bundle and my speeds are slower than what I had with aDSL. I got them to cut me back because I couldn't see the point in paying for something I couldn't get (false advertising big time! During sign up they said for my address I could expect 80mbps download in peak times. Best I can do is 20. I was getting more than that with my old connection). At least they were happy to cut me back to a cheaper plan without penalty.

If you can avoid being forced into NBN, don't do it. I never had a minutes issue with aDSL.

As for the OP, as suggested, ALWAYS check feedback. We can't stress that enough. Even if it says 100% always check it for location. If they are high volume sellers, they could have negs but it still shows as 100%.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply