Why is there a difference in postage cost from the search page to the listing page?

Why is there a difference in postage cost from the search page to the listing page?

Many items in the search page have a current bid/buy it now price, anddirectly underneath it, a postage cost. When you click on an item to go to its listing page, there appears a completely different postage cost, which is invariably more than the previous page's price.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Are you looking at items from the US being shipped through the Global Shipping ripoff?

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Well, I shouldn't say invariably more, because I've just found one where the opposite is true. In fact less than half the search pages price.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

9-10-2013 10-37-09 AM.jpg

and then we have this . . . . . . . . .

9-10-2013 10-37-54 AM.jpg

The postage has jumped from US$47.24  to US$64.08

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

That is because the seller is using the Global Shipping Program through Pitney Bowes and they add a processing fee to the shipping price. You can try emailing the seller and ask if they'll ship directly to you but a lot of sellers are using the GSP to ensure they have Seller Protection through eBay and PayPal.

eBay is actively encouraging US sellers to use it and I was reading on the US boards the other day where some sellers had been opted in to the program without any choice.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

I see.

Your previous comment now makes more sense to me. Thankyou for clarifying.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

In that case what happens when and item is in reverse to this situation?

I saw one that had $524 postage, then clicked on it to find it was only $200 postage?

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Click on the Postage tab in the listing, there may be options for shipping at different rates, express etc.

And also check that they ship to Aus. The $200 may be shipping to US. If international shipping quoted sounds low I always email the seller to confirm. Sometimes they've made a mistake and it's better to check before you commit to buy.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

9-10-2013 11-21-53 AM.jpg

Then . . . .

9-10-2013 11-22-38 AM.jpg

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

What service is being quoted as postage....the $532.04.  Is it USPS through Pitney Bowes?

The other two quotes are for UPS...a courier service, not USPS...the postal service.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply