Worked out that it's a bad idea to purchase something like a lawn mower from a distant supplier.

Bought a mower about 70 days ago and used it once, a few days ago I went to use it a second time and saw a great smudge under the mower, checked the oil and all had drained out. Filled it up again but it basically is pouring oil around the disk and is for all practical purposes unusable.

Seller has a 60 day free return policy but as it is a few days over I will have to bear the cost (actually going to buy a new one locally) and it seems it will cost me over $60 to return it for checking...... Possibly further costs as well.

So in my case anyway a cheaper product has turned out to be a very expensive product which cant be used.

Anyone else have oil leaks with this type of product?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Worked out that it's a bad idea to purchase something like a lawn mower from a distant supplier.

If the seller is who I think it is, then the OP is indeed in trouble, I'm sorry to say. Why eBay allow those thieves to continue trading is completely beyond me, although I suspect that the fees they generate has a lot to do with it..
Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

What second hand? who's talking about second hand? OP said they used it for the second time not that they bought it second hand,der I Know there's no warranty on second hand goods unless the seller states that there is.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply