Wrong item received, replacement package stuck oversea, what to do?

I purchased a tote bag on 8 March, when it arrived 21 March it is not the design I asked for, so I opened a return case which is accepted, the seller let me keep the bag and re-sent the 'correct' one with a tracking number that I've been checking every now and then.  On the 28 April I received a message from ebay saying the return case is now closed however, the tote bag is still stuck at transit hub oversea for over a month in Hong Kong, the estimated arrival date is 20 May.  I've message the seller about the situation and she says if it doesn't turn up in 15 days, she will refund the purchase.  

My question is, in the worst case scenario that it hasn't arrived and the seller would not refund, what is the best course of action to take since the case has been closed?

thank you

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If you used PayPal to pay, you have 180 days since the date of purchase to open a case.

If the estimated date of arrival is the 20th of this month, I would wait until the 20th though.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Sorry, but the whole thing reeks.

Just because the seller uploaded a second tracking number, doesn't mean they actually sent another bag. For all you know they could have put a piece of trash in an envelope and stuck a tracking number on it. When, and if you get it, it won't be a tote bag.

Always, always go for a refund. The seller has managed to deflect refunding you by promising to send another item, which invariably does not happen. By accepting this, you take no further action and the case times out in the sellers favour.

The case is now closed so no matter what happens in the next 15 days, she has no obligation to refund you and Ebay cannot force a refund, so her words are meaningless.

Your only recourse now is to open a case in Paypal. You don't have to wait until the 20th since the original item was not correct and the seller has not properly resolved the issue satisfactorily. Open a case for Not As Described and see what happens. 

Come back and let us know what happens.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply