asked seller for replacement or refund

I purchased a digital temperature controller 1n September 2021 witch had a faulty sensor I asked for a replacement or refund there reply was a part refund and my reply was the controller was no good to me without a sensor ,the seller offered another part refund I asked for refund or replacement again they then offered a replacement sensor but it could take 20 to 30 days I was ok with that but still no replacement witch buy that time I was unable to leave a negative feed back or contact Ebay for refund I would not buy from this seller they new how to avoid me leaving a negative feed back. 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You cannot name and shame on these public forums.

If you paid by PayPal, you have 180 days to open a case for INAD, which is what you should have done already.

Seller is registered in Singapore. Better to buy local. (always check feedback to see where seller is registered)

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I wouldn't buy from them either. I also wouldn't let them string me along with promises. I also wouldn't think that feedback equals my money.

It doesn't.

Always check where a seller is registered. If overseas and they offer a replacement, never fall for the con. Get your money back and buy from a reputable seller.

It will probably cost you a realistic price, but there is a reason why cheap is cheap.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

There are no warranties as such on Ebay, unless buying from an authorised distributor. You are at the whim of the seller if things go wrong, especially if you are beyond the 30 day window after receiving it.

As mentioned, open a case in Paypal, but do not let the seller persuade you to send anything back at your cost. If they want it back, they need to forward you the postage funds, or they need to refund you.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply