customer service

it amazes me how some sellers can be so rude when selling items on ebay. they seem to think that just because we dont deal face to face that customer service skills arent needed.

If sellers have handling time they also need to stipulate that in their ad.

Being courteous & polite goes a long way. There's no need for the rudeness.

totally appalled at a seller at moment.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

customer service

hey frogs Hello wave.gif

Under the Postage and Payment tab on a listing, there is a section that sets out

Domestic handling time
Will usually post within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment

(or whatever time frame a seller selkects when making the listing, and we do have to select one, we can't leave it blank - also it says that if I select a handling time longer than 3 days that a notice will be displayed for the buyer as a pop up when they look at the item.)

If you are dealing with an OS seller, or I spose an aussie one, there is the possibility that English is not their first language, so their comments may not come out as nicely as they intend or a certain manner of communication may be how they communicate in their country (I'm thinking of abrubt and short statements without emotion). Also the printed word is sometimes hard to get across lots of things as there are no non verbal cues etc.

I hope that it is like this with your seller and that everything works out ok for you.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

customer service

Thanks Crikey

No this one isnt an OS member...I dont particularly care how they treat each other in their country, you live in australia you treat people with respect.

cheers

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

customer service

Gee thanks, does that mean for the half year I am iin the UK I am not worthy of respect? Good job I will be back in 25 days and counting!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

customer service

Sometimes it's hard for emailing to come out politely, and sellers can be in a hurry.

Not that there is ever an excuse for rudeness.

I always add a "polite" finish to my emails to try to soften the printed word, eg Cheers or Kind regards and/or a smiley face

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply