eBay Buyer Protection Policy is Rubbish

I don't sell on eBay ever these days, and only rarely purchase as most things are simply too expensive.

That said, I purchased an item from China, with the item arriving completely dead. No worries, followed the new procedures to return to the Seller, however the Seller informs me I MUST PAY return postage (costing $19.25).

Contact eBay as the new buyer protection states the Seller pays return postage, this being confirmed by eBay phone operator.

Today I awake to an email from Seller who basically said to P-Off, followed shortly by an eBay email saying I only had a few more days to return the item and prove I'd posted it.

So in other words eBays new buyer protection policy is just more BS....can't these clowns at eBay get any policy right 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@padi*0409 wrote:

Digi, I doubt if eBay itself even knows how it's own MBG works,

Sad, but true, there is little consistency in the way it works (particularly for buyers) near as I can tell, unless the seller takes any of the actions provided by eBay. If not, the process and outcome so far is frustratingly unpredictable, and makes it considerably difficult to advise someone on what to do, when, and how. 😞 

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

To be honest Digi, I would advise members not to go down that MBG track, OK you may not have to pay for return of an INAD but if you stuff up you will lose out completely.

At least with Paypal you can have a bit of leeway with it - but the 180 days is way over the top for a dispute, we both know that that is going to knock a few sellers out.

That and defects for trying to doing the right thing by the buyer......check this one out, the new seller has had a problem, tried to rectify it and now is likely to be pinged big time for it.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Oh dear. 😞 

These kind of issues are only exacerbated by the harder-to-find forum links, too (I know some people are still finding their way here, but it's way less than it used to be before the link was moved). 

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

So very true Digi, those powers that be perhaps do not want members helping each other, where eBay cannot or will not help them.............

Mushrooms in the dark springs to mind....................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply