eBay removing negative feedback

Why is eBay protecting sellers that are actually breaching the ebay policies?

I left 2 recent bad feedbacks due to sellers doing the wrong thing both times.

1 Australian seller drop shipping from Vic when saying item was located in NSW, 7 days after I purchased I emailed them asking for a tracking number, they had advised me within 90 mins that the courier had never even picked up the item and they were investigating it.

So then I get the story of here is your tracking number and C19 something something delays.

I asked them to cancel the order but they advised me they had given me the wrong tracking number and that the item had just been picked up for delivery. When I explained to them, they had cost me 10% discount due to paying with Afterpay and eBay providing a 10% discount promotion, I had waited 1 week for nothing and this is when the promotional code had appeared.

The response I got from the seller was, nothing to do with us, it's between eBay and Afterpay. So I paid an extra $40 for an item and waited 9 days for delivery for get this, an item that was 30 minutes away from me.

You could imagine my dismay so I left bad feedback, guess what, eBay removed it, why?

The seller has misrepresented the item, had not even sent the item after 7 days then tried to blame C19 for delivery times. eBay protects these sellers?, to make matters worse, I contacted eBay support and was told such a convolution of diatribe.

I was told eBay had my back?, was I speaking to a OG?, what type of conduct is this?

eBay is protecting these sellers by having my honest feedback removed?

This is not an issue as I left a Google review regarding this but I want to bring it to the attention of eBayers that eBay is indeed skewing reviews in favor of sellers.

Another seller 2 weeks after purchase still did not have item so i asked for a refund, China seller and wants me to be patient as drop ships from Australia, item should have taken 3 business days at best, 5 at worst but in the 7 emails asking for a refund I was continually told to be patient and go and check the mail box again (all emails in the same day)

Negative feedback was again removed, why? The seller wasn't even a powerseller, they had less than 300 transactions but eBay removed my feedback due to being honest and not abusive?

eBay has jacked up its sellers fees, double dipped in paypal fees, and now protects the sellers that rip off buyers?

I recently sold 3 items on eBay, I got hit with extraordinairy fees that I will no longer sell anything nor buy due to eBay and the way it has no interest in helping individuals who have good track records.

FYI my account is 10 years old and has 476 positive transactions as a seller/buyer, I don't think ACCC will look to kindly on eBay's silencing of honest feedback for sellers that are rule breakers.

This is almost fraudulent activity which enables bad sellers.

Why do you alienate the people who make you money eBay?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Why do you blame people here for what eBay do?

Saw that in bold font and did not bother reading your rant

Go tell eBay

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Sounds like you need to stop checking your tracking and just start to worry if the estimated delivery date has passed by some time as that is all that matters.

Also, look up Ebay policies on leaving feedback, there are a number of things you are not allowed to mention in your feedback or it can be removed. It is not hard to keep within the guidlines.

Latest reply

I have an idea that will solve your problems

1) Check the sellers processing time and where the account is registered
2) Use the fee calculator before you sell, they haven't changed much in the past 3 years.
3) Still not happy? Don't use eBay.
Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

@hd_dvd_man wrote:

Another seller 2 weeks after purchase still did not have item so i asked for a refund, China seller and wants me to be patient as drop ships from Australia, item should have taken 3 business days at best, 5 at worst but in the 7 emails asking for a refund I was continually told to be patient and go and check the mail box again (all emails in the same day)

Negative feedback was again removed, why? The seller wasn't even a powerseller, they had less than 300 transactions but eBay removed my feedback due to being honest and not abusive?

I waited 3 weeks for an item posted from Brisbane to Brisbane - 15km as the crow flies (but that's not how the mail system works) so, yes, there are delays due to covid 

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

But surely no delays for *special* people

Those delays are only for everyone else on the planet 

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

@hd_dvd_man wrote:

I don't think ACCC will look to kindly on eBay's silencing of honest feedback for sellers that are rule breakers.

As always, "Feedback left for others" speaks volumes...

I've lost count of how times people ranting here have invoked "I'm contacting the ACCC" as some sort of magic talisman that will automatically scare Ebay into submission and force them to mend their evil ways, yet never followed through with it.

How's about bucking the trend, and actually contacting the ACCC? And do let us know how that works out for you...

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

@hd_dvd_man wrote:

I asked them to cancel the order but they advised me they had given me the wrong tracking number and that the item had just been picked up for delivery. When I explained to them, they had cost me 10% discount due to paying with Afterpay and eBay providing a 10% discount promotion, I had waited 1 week for nothing and this is when the promotional code had appeared.

The response I got from the seller was, nothing to do with us, it's between eBay and Afterpay. So I paid an extra $40 for an item and waited 9 days for delivery for get this, an item that was 30 minutes away from me.

You could imagine my dismay so I left bad feedback, guess what, eBay removed it, why?

The seller has misrepresented the item, had not even sent the item after 7 days then tried to blame C19 for delivery times. eBay protects these sellers?, to make matters worse, I contacted eBay support and was told such a convolution of diatribe.

I was told eBay had my back?, was I speaking to a OG?, what type of conduct is this?

eBay is protecting these sellers by having my honest feedback removed?

Hold up...

How did they cost you a 10% discount?

Because from reading your post, it sounds to me like you discovered a discount code (or one appeared) after the purchase, and because the seller wouldn't cancel an order already made before the code appeared, they somehow "cost" you the discount? Am I reading that right, or have I misinterpreted?

Yes, eBay are protecting sellers from negative feedback due to shipping delays during the pandemic, but the transaction has to meet certain (verifiable) criteria in order for the protection to even be available, so it's not like ebay are just mass-removing negs left right and centre, regardless of the circumstances.

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

@hd_dvd_man wrote:

Why is eBay protecting sellers that are actually breaching the ebay policies?

eBay has jacked up its sellers fees, double dipped in paypal fees, and now protects the sellers that rip off buyers?

I recently sold 3 items on eBay, I got hit with extraordinairy fees that I will no longer sell anything nor buy due to eBay and the way it has no interest in helping individuals who have good track records.

FYI my account is 10 years old and has 476 positive transactions as a seller/buyer, I don't think ACCC will look to kindly on eBay's silencing of honest feedback for sellers that are rule breakers.

This is almost fraudulent activity which enables bad sellers.

Why do you alienate the people who make you money eBay?

I enjoyed the hyperbole employed in your post, and found the use of bold sentences in the larger font not to be overdone, which is appreciated.

In previous CS chats I too have received the scripted 'eBay has got your back' line, and found it kinda cute. I sometimes like to tell them that I've got their back too...any time, any place...just gimme a call - they do enjoy a bit of humour from time to time.

I'm pretty sure the fees have been the same for quite a while now, and haven't noticed any double-dipping on PP fees either - there's nothing extraordinary about them, and if you can point me in the direction of a cheaper online marketplace with a checkout and the traffic that eBay gets...well, you'd be the first.

My account is nearly twice the age of yours and with almost triple the feedback, and I don't think the ACCC would give a stuff if I complained to them about a couple of removed feedback comments. 

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

My main selling account is 11 years old and has 5 times the feedback of yours. My non-store selling account has similar feedback to yours in 7. So what, you ask? Indeed. The fact that you manage to complete an average of less than one transaction a week has no bearing on anything.

I also keep on top of what fees I'm paying.

Pretty much the only 'recent' fee changes have been including postage in the fees 6 years ago and charging GST on their fees (in accordance with Australian law) 2 or 3 years ago. Certainly nothing actually recent.

My Paypal fees went from 2.4% to 2.6% quite a few years ago. 30c flagfall hasn't changed. Double dipping would only be a faint possibility if Paypal was an eBay entity. Which it hasn't been for... you guessed it ... years.

So you can see how your easily refuted hyperbole isn't going to win you any support. Or change eBay's mind about anything, especially when they don't read the boards.

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply