ebay ends 15% purchases off early

ebay fails again 

ebay offered 15% off purchases  Quote "Max discount $300 per transaction; 2 transactions per person allowed. Ends 31 Dec" and now have ended the promotion early so anyone who had been buying items from several different seller to reach the taget amount of purchases of $150 in the hope of getting a 15% discount at checkout will be disappointed . Another dismal failure from eBay

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

@cathyjoyjoy wrote:

The Facebook page " EBay.com.au " is asking members to send a private message through this Facebook page, claiming they will "sort it out".  So that's also a possible option to follow up.

That's probably what I'll end up doing. The auction I'm bidding on doesn't finish for another 40mins and my dinner break will be over by then. I can probably sneak a message through when no one is looking but won't be able to make a call.

Message 31 of 36
Latest reply

Make that 3 at least. I just did it too.
Message 32 of 36
Latest reply

I purchased, got the error message, so left a message on their Facebook page. I'd sent a PM just before that. The reply on the public comment asked me to PM them with my account details so "we can help you with this". That was left an hour after I sent the PM. They still haven't read that PM! I'd say they have been inundated by so many buyers sending a PM they can't keep up with them.

Message 33 of 36
Latest reply

Guess whose getting a manual refund of the 15% discount! Seems a Facebook message did the trick. I sent a polite message stating how upset and disappointed I was, blah blah blah. I felt there was nothing to gain by being abusive. I've found them to be pretty good via the Facebook page for different issues. Far better than calling or emailing! Maybe the employees in Sydney operate the AU eBay page so have a bit more of an idea of what goes on here.

Message 34 of 36
Latest reply

I'm in the same boat! Have a lot of items I bought on the 30-31/12, was going to check out at 10 pm on the 31/12 and the code was not working. Still have these items sitting in my account waiting to be paid for. Will be contacting ebay and trying to get the 15% discount which was expected to be used when I made these ourchases, or asking sellers to cancel the transactions and file a complaint with Australian consumer protection agency. This looks like an illegal practice by ebay to cone people into buying items hoping for a discount and then not being able to use it. I have no problem with ebay cancelling their deals but not when you've already bought the items and waiting to check out. Plus they have to notify their customers via email that the deal will be cancelled, in the same way they let us know it was on in the first place.

Message 35 of 36
Latest reply

If you haven't paid for them, they won't honour the discount. You needed to have paid for them before midnight on the 31st, then contact them and plead ignorance. If they honour it now on your say so that you had intended to pay for them earlier, it will open the door wide open for others to buy things and then say they had intended to pay for them. I highly doubt they will do a manual refund for you now.

Message 36 of 36
Latest reply