fraudulent sellers

Hello All

I recently bought an item from Ebay and noticed the price was much lower than all the other similar type items but had a look at the sellers history and its 97.5+ % positive and over 30 people who bought the same item were OK.

The problem that I have is that the timeframe that the buyers have provided feedback is within and prior to the delivery timeframe and I am suspicious of a few things, chiefly the much lower price, other thing is that the item has been removed from Ebay and the user no longer holds an account with Ebay.  

So in this scenario what is the process to recover my funds ?  How does Ebay handle such incidents?  How does Ebay stop this kind of behaviour from happening?

Regards

Mike

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

fraudulent sellers

Mike & any other newby for that matter 97.5% may seem good but most seasoned buyers will not consider buying from them,especially if it is a high volume seller.My lowest seller fb is 99.1% & that's being generous.

You looked at the seller's stats somewhat but you also click on the Negative & see what sort of comments buyers have left.Check out if there are a few/many similar comments about item not arriving etc.

if there are also many Neutrals then have a look at those comments too.

Did you do a PayPal claim for Item Not Received? Your Seller has been thrown off eBay so get that started.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

fraudulent sellers

When i first started, a friend of mine suggested not to buy off anyone below 98%. I try to keep this above 98.9% or better, depends on item in question.and feedback comments.If seller has been removed go to paypal's resulution centre and esscalate to claim, takes about ten days and you will get your money back.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

fraudulent sellers

I forgot the Paypal info after telling you to do it.

Click into the item in purchase history.

More actions

Resolve a problem

I haven't received my item etc

I don't remember when i last did an INR PayPal claim but you have 45days to open a dispute.The menu will tell you when to escalate to a dispute,going from memory.

Other posters are going to be more precise with exact details but that should get you started.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

fraudulent sellers

I accidentally lied to Mike oops I'm usually only filing cases for non-paying buyers.I don't think i have actually had to file a PayPal claim on a seller.

Mike,what bake&fry said PayPal resolution centre.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

fraudulent sellers

Old story.....if it seems to good to be true, it usually is.

Pay with paypal.......if not received (or is received NAD) within 35 days, claim via paypal.

There is only one way to let a seller rip you off on eBay and that is by not following the procedures eBay put in place to protect you.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply