free gift with iPad scam!

Hello 

I was hoping to get some guidance.

I recently purchased an ipad (1800AUD) from a local seller and it came with a free gift (key ring).  So I got the keyring which had the tracking number he included but nothing else.  I waited a while longer and still no ipad. 

I raised a dispute with paypal and they are currently investigating.  The status so far is that there was a tracking number and a delivered item.

It has been a while and I am concerned that paypal might think the item recieved was the ipad instead of the keyring.  

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Do I have any recourse if paypal doesnt do anything?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

That item number is coming up as nothing, so it's possible ebay have removed the listing completely. If that's the case, you have a much better chance of a refund through PayPal.

Please keep us updated.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

It can still be found if you google it https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-New-IPAD-Pro-12-9-Inch-Wi-Fi-Cellular-512GB-Silvr-Gift-Read-Discri...

Maybe it will disappear soon, but right now it is still there.

Good luck with your case. Don't give up!

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

When did you get the keyring?

I just looked at the listing nd it says: "Our random gift will be posted from our warehouse in Sydney but our iPad will be posted from our warehouse in Melbourne, as we already have our random gift already in stock it will be posted first, then just after couple days of 13 June the iPad will be posted."

Quite weird to be honest, but you can show this to PP too. If the tracking comes from Sydney, then you have the proof it was only the free gift.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to assist me.

The key ring was recieved  on the 4 June.   You are absolutely right. It did come from sydney.  I did point this out although paypal are being very elusive and not seeming to care about the details.

You have all been billiant.

I sent them the information regarding the postage satchel being to small to hold an ipad and also changed the case to "item not as described".

The only thing we cant do is change it back to an ebay case.

Was reading just now about the chargeback option but thinking I might wait it out.

I will definetly go to the police if i dont get my money back or an Ipad.

I will let you know what happens.

Now we wait...

Regards and thanks

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

By the way, the date itself is indicative of the fact that you didn't get your iPad. You received the keyring on the 4th of June, but the seller said in the listing they would not have the iPads until the 13th...

You will eventually win the case. You have the facts.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply