how do I check whether seller has paid refund through pay pal?

how do I check if the seller has paid a refund back to me for a faulty item which I have paid through pay pal...through my bank account?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If the seller has refunded you and you paid with paypal and the refund is going to paypal it will show on your paypal activities page and you will get an email from paypal to advise of the refund.

If the payment came from a credit card then the refund will go back to the credit card.

Did you open a dispute via paypal and escalate it to a claim and did you return it via trackable or signature required post?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

It can be difficult to check because the PayPal payment won't have any information to link that money to the eBay seller's member name and due to different exchange rates and taxes and transfer fees and that the seller might be sending a partial refund, you will find it difficult to match the amount.

I assume they haven't refunded the money because they will send a follow up email with details when/if they have sent funds.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

bargain, your information is completely wrong. 

If the seller refunds through the original paypal payment the buyer will know exactly where the refund has come from as it shows in the buyer's paypal account that a refund has been issued.

There is no difference in the exchange rate if the refund is within 30 days of the original payment...and even then paypal often allows it to go through at the original rate.   There are no transfer fees or taxes.

The only time there will be a difference in the amount is if the seller only does a partial refund and in that case the paypal notification will show that it is a partial refund from the particular seller.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply