i have just found out that just because a seller issues a tracking number does not mean they posted

i recentlly had a seller insist that an item had been posted.   but australia post said they had no  scans of posting

they apparently issue people with an account tracking numbers for their manifestos  but this does not prove they posted the item

when the same seller freguently uses this excuse i think ebay should investigate 

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

i have just found out that just because a seller issues a tracking number does not mean they posted

All the above was carried out to the best of my knowledge   all emails and corrispance kept 

some of us not have the time or knowledge required  . its ebay that makes many millions from us punters  so some onus must be put on them to moniter  i personely do not have the resorces or time foe this

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

I just bought one of these ...170AH 12V AGM Battery Camping Marine 4WD Solar Amp Hour Deep Cycle Batteries and are currently having issues with the seller, supposedly in Sunbury, Melbourne who has used theToll website to create a manifest for delivery of an item they have not provided to Toll for delivery. Of course once they have created the manifest they are able to supply a tracking number and delivery date through ebay. Toll sent me a text confirming tracking number and with delivey listed as last week. The item never arrived and after several phone calls to Toll I found out what was happenning. The seller of course blames Toll for failure to deliver the item but Toll have stated the seller has not arranged a pick up of the item. I have reported the seller who actually has a good feedback rating to eBay and also asked Toll how they can provide a tracking number and delivery date for an item they do not even have. Toll have stated that if they actually had the item, the 35km distance would be next day delivery. 

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

So what's your question?

If it is past the estimated eBay delivery date and the tracking doesn't show as delivered, open a case for Item Not Received.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply