if I am looking for an outboard for my boat and I search it , why do I have to look at parts?

ttow5280
Community Member

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

if I am looking for an outboard for my boat and I search it , why do I have to look at parts?

You can use a few search 'tricks' to help narrow down your search, and also use the categories to further refine. Some of the primary search instructions are:

Quotation marks - putting search terms in "quotation marks" tells the search engine to only return results with those exact words in that exact order.

Minus symbol - putting a -before words tells the search engine to exclude those words

Brackets - putting several words in brackets, (separated by a comma & space), tells the search engine your looking for listings that contain any of those words.

For example, if I wrote "sterling silver" charms (cat, heart) -tibetan -plated -sf -filled

I would only get results for listings for cat or heart charms that had sterling silver in the title, but not any that had tibetan, plated, sf or filled in the title.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

You can also refine by following the categories,etc.

I put in outboard motor,then > Boats parts and accesories, to >Outboard Engines and components  to > Complete

Outboard Engines, > which gets you 161 results for outboard motor.

Or just use this link: outboard motors only.

Then you can just click on Save search,(which you can then access via your My eBay and just click on it to go straight

to that search).

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply