is there a way to have email notifications when a seller messages me on ebay?

I can only use a laptop computer, is there a way can i be notified by email when a seller messages me on ebay? If so can I please have easy step by step instructions on how to do as as I am not tech savvy?

thankyou

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

There is IM (Instant messaging) but on the Aus site there are only very a few options you can have IM with.

Select account then communication prefs and look in all the different categories to see what has IM as an option.

But in the same place you will see what you can choose to have email notifications.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I only know how to use the australin site so probably not an option?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Kopes' suggestions were for the Australian site.

As he said, check your communication preferences. Under account.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

im not tech savy but the closet i could find was

Product question and answer communications email notifications  -which is set to On but im not getting the emails

also ive bought and paid for items , then the seller has mesaged me  several times on ebay regarding issues but as I am not on ebay much I didnt receive the mesages

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

emails should be automatically generated when members message each other, and there isn't actually an option to switch them off - check your spam folder if they are not arriving to your inbox. If there are any messages there, you should have the option to mark them "not spam" so that they hopefully don't get filtered out in the future. 

If they are not in the spam folder, check which email address you have on file with eBay for receiving notifications here: https://my.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextNotificationPreferences&ssP...

Click "Show" next to Notification delivery format.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

thanks for your reply, no messages went to spam and the email address is the same one Ive had since 2001 so its definately correct

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Unfortunately there could be a variety of reasons behind an issue like this, which would require some troubleshooting to try and determine whether the cause is on your end or eBay's.

Try adding member@ebay.com to your list of contacts and then getitng someone to send you a message. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply