item not received

boggo58
Community Member

if i put in a claim for Item not received and the seller offers to resend another, am i obliged to accept it?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

item not received

From my experience of buying through Ebay since 2004, Item-Not-Received has only happened once & was naive about filing a case through Paypal etc... in the mean time I was asked by the Seller to wait for another week and if the original item still had not arrived then a replacement would be sent, I ethically responded to such gesture by promising if the original and replacement item ever arrived that I'd pay the second time for the replacement.

While waiting, unaware of Paypal 45-day deadline thing,,, I never heard nor did I ever get a reply from the Seller , ever again !

how could you be unaware of this when you agreed to Paypal's terms and conditions when you joined their site, AND the 45 day deadline is mentioned on every payment confirmation you receive????

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

item not received

how could you be unaware of this when you agreed to Paypal's terms and conditions when you joined their site, AND the 45 day deadline is mentioned on every payment confirmation you receive????

Point made, putney. The reality is, though, that most people simply do not read all of those T&Cs as things do rarely go wrong. Your point is about prevention rather than cure and it's a good one. At least, when things do go wrong, alot of people do take notice and learn from those mistakes.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

item not received

It's interesting when you look at the feedback for the site lazarus has kindly included you wonder WHY anyone would RISK buying from that area of the world.

I see SO MANY of these modern asian sites with similar feedback.

Is this accepted as the norm these days ?

I don't understand why ebay ever went into business with asia.

I was just searching for murano glass beads...on the first page there were 16 listings from US & UK, the other 34 were all the SAME product, just different colours, all from China.  The average page on ebay is sooooooooooooooo boring these days.  Who wants to scroll through page after page after page of the identical item.

Getting back to the OP's question, you haven't given any idea of a time frame. When did you make the purchase, when did you make the payment, did seller post day of or after payment, when was supposed date of postage ?

I ask this as if it has only been say 3 days since postage then you aren't giving the seller enough time for the PO to get it to you.  If it was supposedly posted 2 weeks ago & you only live in the next state then yes, I'd be concerned.

Also just out of curiosity do you not want the product now because you don't trust the seller or did you find another & just don't need this one now ?

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

item not received

Just checking to see if this has been pulled, can't find it on first 3 pages.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

item not received

Ok it is still here.

I just wanted to amend the search I noted.  It is Murano Glass BUTTON, not bead, sorry.

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

item not received

A scammer wants a refund so they can keep the item and have the money

An honest buyer is happy with a replacement

just saying

Total rubbish; most items are to some degree time sensitive, people often buy things because they need them now.  And if the buyer gives enough time for it arrive, there might not be time to wait for the replacement to come;  they may have had to make other arrangements.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

item not received

As usual useless advice and opinions

scammers nearly always want the money, seen it hundreds of times

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

item not received

phorum_junkie* "If you open a dispute for item not received in Paypal all the seller has to do to win is supply a valid tracking number, if they sent without tracking all they have to do is send a replacement with valid tracking, provide the tracking to Paypal and they will find in the seller's favour so no, if the seller knows what they are doing you have no choice but to accept a replacement."

Not so!

The seller also has to provide proof that the buyer received the goods by signing for them because anything can still get lost in the mail.

I won a Paypal dispute for the same reason when the item was lost somewhere with the seller putting up a valid tracking number.

Tracking numbers prove nothing because they can be shown in China days before the item is actually mailed out, if it ever is.

It's one of many Chinese traders favorite scam tricks on some sites.

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

item not received

alanawent3133 wrote:

just saying"

That comment just got you onto the international internet buyers site warning off list.

According to your thinking I'm a scammer them because I always refuse a replacement because I always refuse a replacement because I know the Paypal protection will run out before the replacement item arrives and if anything is wrong with it I have no comeback on the seller then.

Seller replacement promises are worth nothing when the buyer has no Paypal protection time left.

I either want the goods within reasonable time or my money returned, and if that makes me a scammer in your silly opinion I'll have to live with it, but now ask me if what you think about me worries me in the slightest.

Luckily this kind of problem doesn't occur very often.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

item not received

So what if the buyer wants a replacement but the seller is insisting on a refund?

Who's the scammer in this situation?

Your comment is assuming that all buyers who want a refund already have the item and intend on scamming the seller

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 20 of 25
Latest reply