lost my iPhone in the post.

grammy7745
Community Member

I have been waiting over 8 week to mail my iPhone to me.  They said that it had went to a warehouse by mistake & were sending it on but it hasn't arrived.

Despite several emails to them they haven't given me any information apart from a Tracking number which shows 'no results'. Australia Post say it is an unrecognisable tracking number, probably from overseas.

Their Customer Support don't seem interested in my problem.

I'm very disappointed in this company & will never deal with them again.

This upsetting situation has caused me to be very wary about buying anything from ebay in the future.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

always pay by a safe payment method such as PayPal

Then if you don't have your item within 40 - 45 days (you have 45 days) you can raise a claim with Paypal for item not received and your buyer protection should kick in. If the seller can't provide proof of postage, you will get a refund.

I'm afraid, that if you have failed to raise a claim within the 45 days then you have let yourself down.

Disappointing situation I know, and sorry it has happened to you, but you have to know hopw to protect yourself when trading on line - all the tools and informaTION ARE GIVEN TO YOU, YOU JUST HAVE TO USE THEM (oops sorry bout caps lock)

If you are quick, you may have time to leave factual feedback to alert other members of your experience (you have 60 days)

But I daresay that unless you payed by a credit card and may be able to initiate a chargeback, that you won't see your money now and are at the mercy of the seller,

It's not just eBay you need to be wary of buying from - you need to protect yourself when trading online anywhere - afraid you really can't hold eBay responsible because you didn't utilize the tools for safe online trading.

Hope the item does turn up and/or the seller does the right thing

*fingers crossed*

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

If the 'iphone' was coming from overseas then the chances are it would have been fake even if you had received it and you would have been unable to return it to get your money back unless you shelled out hundreds of dollars to a courier company that packs items with lithium batteries in a way that they can be posted overseas.

Even if you buy something with a lithium battery from a domestic seller it should be sent using regular parcel post with a road only sticker on it.

iphones are one of a large list of items that I would be unlikely to buy on an auction site.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply