my items gets lost in the post.

I have had enough of buying from China and Hong Kong... the delivery from these countries to Australia somehow gets lost.

Lately I have had 5 refunds from  them , which they are happy to give me but I would rather the items than a refund .. It lowers  my confident in buying from these countries and especially our postal system very negative.

Australia post must have so many lost parcels  ,who gets to keep them and where do they go...in some ones pocket not the buyer..... so I have decided not to buy small quanities and by bulk instead .I will put this on my agender and faze out small parcels for posting...thats all guys. so disappointed with the system.

thank you for reading carole knox

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

My experience is completely different to yours.

I recently bought 10 similar small items from 7 different sellers, and varying in price from $1.29 to $2.46.  They all arrived...the quickest took 8 days, the slowest arrived after the seller had refunded for non-arrival at 41 days.  The point is, everything did arrive  

If you choose your sellers wisely there is no reason to expect items from China and Hong Kong to get lost in the mail.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Sadly I am with Lyndal in this one.

Having bought n sold a bit,

Everything arrived...eventually from overseas, as muh as I'd luv to say it didnt n drive peeps to buy local.

Tho I wish they buy local first.

Sadly, have had 2 parcel go missing, 1 posted to me from Vic, n resent again n arrived.

Another I sent to vic n it went missing......

Despite tracking n insurance, still waiting on Aus post to cough up a cheque,

Customer looked after with refund but didnt get the item...

No idea where the item got too, same for the insurance cheque......

r sellers meant to force thru paypal to cover items n drag sales n customers thru

that **bleep** process. Insurance meant to make things humane.

most likely will end up having to lodge complaints n what not to ombudsman or something.

whats the point of insurance if they dont pay up, that n they wanted receipt n shipping manifest n

wholesale invoices...all provided n they even 'said' over the phone twice appproving the cheque.

still curious about sellers without wholesale invoices....why wholesale, why not the ebay sale invoice...

almost seems like they pushing peeps back onto paypal buyer seller protection.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I have always found Hong Kong and Chinese sellers very reliable and have not had any problems at all so far and I do quite a lot of purchases from there.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

mine arrive, but certainly not in a quick time frame usually they are 30 day mark
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

ytwo000
Community Member

i have had more domestic mail lost/missing/stolen, than from overseas. never had probs from HK or China.Not once.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Having my first issue with article from China, bought around a dozen times before from CHina with no issues.

This time.

No parcel.

Seller claims they have been notified(?) of article 'return' but have not received it yet.

Supposedly sent replacement.

I asked for tracking number.

Gave tracking number that didn't work.

I complained.

They send new email with link for tracking number.

Was not showing anything yesterday.

Shows up today with tracking started yesterday.

I think they had run out stock and just sat on the order for 6 weeks until I complained.

They have offered a refund or resend everytime I emailed.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply