purchase a handbag for a friend for a gift, she has only had it a few weeks and it is coming apart.

I have contacted the seller 3 times now and get no reply whar so ever. What do I do from here. Just a replacement would be great.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

purchase a handbag for a friend for a gift, she has only had it a few weeks and it is coming apart.

Go to ebay's help pages:https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/return-item-refund?id=...

"If you've changed your mind about an item you bought or there's something wrong with it, you can request a return."

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

as it the last seller who left feedback for you?

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@sheozzi wrote:

I have contacted the seller 3 times now and get no reply whar so ever. What do I do from here. Just a replacement would be great.

This is the risk you run when you buy on ebay.

Most goods don't really come with any warranty or guarantee, no matter what the ad might say.

When exactly did you buy this bag? Ebay has a 30 day period from when you receive the item for you to open a claim for an item not as described or faulty. Once that period has passed, that's it.

So if it is still within 30 days, open that claim right now.

I suspect though you are past the 30 days because you say the seller is ignoring you. They often will ignore it after 30 days because they know very well you can't open an ebay claim anyway.

You are not going to get a replacement from them. If they ignored your 3 messages then they have no intention of refunding/replacing etc. Never, ever agree to a replacement anyway as it is a delaying tactic some sellers use if you enquire within the 30 day period. Then you allow wait time for postage and before you know it, the 30 days have passed.

Did you pay with paypal? If so, you have 180 days. You can open a claim for faulty item if you paid that way.

Mind you, they don't cover warranty type claims either so if it arrived in great shape but has only deteriorated after weeks of use, your chances of a refund are not good.

Some items are just better bought from a real store.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply